2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - This afternoon, the official cancellation of the 2020 Minor League Baseball season was announced after initially delaying the season due to COVID-19.
We understand that our fans are disappointed and saddened by this news. We feel all of that emotion with you. Similar to so many Minor League teams across the country, this is going to be the most challenging time our organization has ever faced. While the financial ramifications of our canceled season are very real and daunting, the emotional connection that we have to our fans and this community, and the amount that we truly miss seeing everyone at the ballpark cannot be quantified.
Our staff has been diligently working toward making the results of this announcement as easy to navigate as possible for all of our fans. On Monday, July 6 our RED Access Members will be e-mailed directly with options for their Membership. We will also be reaching out to all Members, Sponsors, Suite Holders and Group Outing Leaders directly to discuss next steps with them. Please be patient with our staff as we work through contacting all of our great fans.
While 2020 Individual Game Tickets had not been placed on sale before the season was delayed, we understand that some of our fans purchased Theme Items during the offseason that came with ticket vouchers for the 2020 season. Those ticket vouchers will be good for the 2021 season. Additionally, any 2020 Ticket Vouchers from 2019 Closing Day, the Great Southern Bank Fly Together Blood Drive, the upcoming Bleed Red Blood Drive or any other 2020 Ticket Voucher Program will all be good for the 2021 season.
Although saddened with this news, we are excited to be the host site for the St. Louis Cardinals Taxi Squad. We are learning details from Major League Baseball and will follow all safety and health protocols that Major League Baseball requires. We will communicate further with our fans once we have more information.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 30, 2020
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Springfield Cardinals
- RoughRiders 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved - Frisco RoughRiders
- Drillers TCL Team Begins Play as MiLB Season Is Officially Cancelled - Tulsa Drillers
- Hooks 2020 Season Canceled, Whataburger Field to Host Houston Astros Taxi Squad - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Whataburger Field to Host Astros' Taxi Squad - Corpus Christi Hooks
- MLB Officially Announces Cancellation of 2020 Minor League Season - Midland RockHounds
- Minor League Baseball Season Shelved, Texas Collegiate League Season Opens Tonight - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled - Arkansas Travelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Cardinals Stories
- Cardinals Bleed Red Blood Drive Starts Monday: 2 Free Ticket Vouchers for Donors
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Springfield Selected as St. Louis Cardinals Practice Squad Location
- $1 Million Cardinals Care Relief Fund Now Able to Assist Springfield Seasonal & Gameday Employees
- It's Your Last Day to #FlyTogether for Frontline Workers