Red Claws Fall on Late Surge
Mississauga, ON - February 12, 2018 - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, hung tough but couldn't defeat Raptors 905 tonight, 102-94 at Hershey Centre.
Maine (16-21) was led by Boston Celtics Two-Way Player Kadeem Allen with 24 points, 5 rebounds and 8 assists. Anthony Bennett added 23 points and 7 boards for the Claws, while L.J. Peak scored 14 points in the loss. Devin Williams tallied another double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds, and Trey Davis added 10 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists off the bench.
Raptors 905 (23-14) was led by Alfonso McKinnie with 22 points. This is the first time ever that Maine has lost on the road to Raptors 905, now 5-1 all-time.
The Red Claws and 905 traded buckets early. Allen buried a corner triple, and Peak followed that up with a trey of his own to give Maine a 12-6 lead. Former Red Claw Malcolm Miller kept Raptors 905 close with 5 early points. Peak dropped in another three-ball, but the 905 held a 20-18 lead. Off a steal, Dixon's lay-in at the buzzer gave Maine a 24-23 lead after 1.
Vitto Brown's monster slam opened the 2nd quarter with Maine on a 9-0 run and a 29-23 lead. Aaron Best followed that up with a two-handed flush for the 905. After a slow start, Ontario native Bennett got on the board with a three-point play. Peak's three-point play put Maine up 4, but Raptors 905 buried back-to-back three's, but Allen buried a deep three at the buzzer - Raptors 905 led 49-48 at halftime. Allen led all scorers with 12 points at the break, with the Red Claws shooting 39% (17-44) in the first half.
Williams opened the second half with back-to-back buckets to tie the game at 52. The 905 would go on a run, but Allen's three-ball tied it once again, this time at 57-57. Bennett and Casey Keane traded three's. Raptors 905 scored 4 quick points. Allen and the Red Claws went on a run to cut it to two, but former Red Claw Davion Berry buried a half-court shot to give Raptors 905 a 74-72 lead after 3.
In the 4th, the 905 surged up by 5, but Williams brought it back - his jumper cut it to 3, and Bennett's three tied the game at 88. Davis buried a deep three to put the Red Claws up 3. Best gave the 905 the lead back, then Alfonso McKinnie's three-point play and McKinnie's follow slam put the 905 up 8, putting the game away. Maine shot 38% (33-86) from the field, 39% (19-49) from three-point range, and 9-9 from the free throw line. Raptors 905 shot 51% (41-81) from the floor, 37% (13-35) from downtown, and 7-12 from the charity stripe.
The Red Claws now hit the All-Star Break and will return to action on Feb. 21 at Long Island. Maine's next home game is Feb. 25 against Windy City. Tickets are on sale by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
NBA G League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Warriors Acquire Returning Rights to Guards Lamar Patterson and Thomas Walkup, 2018 First-Round Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Fall on Late Surge - Maine Red Claws
- Milton Doyle Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Bighorns Acquire Daniel Ochefu, 2018 Third-Round Draft Selection and Rights to Spencer Dinwiddie in Three-Team Trade - Reno Bighorns
- Windy City Acquires C.J. Fair from Fort Wayne; Will Davis II, Alex Hamilton and Draft Pick in Separate Three-Team Deal - Windy City Bulls
- Mad Ants Acquire Duje Dukan and Returning Player Rights of Henry Sims - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- NAZ Suns Enter All-Star Break with a Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.