Windy City Acquires C.J. Fair from Fort Wayne; Will Davis II, Alex Hamilton and Draft Pick in Separate Three-Team Deal
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - The Windy City Bulls, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, announced today that the team has acquired CJ Fair from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in exchange for Duje Dukan and the returning player rights of Henry Sims, which Windy City acquired on January 16 in previous deal with the Salt Lake City Stars.
In a separate three-team transaction with the Reno Big Horns and Santa Cruz Warriors, Windy City acquired Will Davis II, Alex Hamilton and Santa Cruz's 2018 third-round draft pick. Windy City sends Daniel Ochefu, the returning player rights of Spencer Dinwiddie and Salt Lake City's third-round draft pick, which was also acquired on January 16, to Reno and the returning rights of Thomas Walkup to Santa Cruz.
Fair (6-8, 215) went undrafted in 2014 and is in his third season with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. He has appeared in 33 games (16 starts) this season and has posted averages of 9.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists, while garnering shooting percentages of .430 from the field, .304 from three and .804 at the free throw line. For his career, Fair has seen action in 133 G League contests (79 starts) and has tallied 13.7 points and 5.7 rebounds on .474 shooting.
Collegiately, Fair appeared in 143 contests at Syracuse and totaled averages of 11.6 points and 5.7 rebounds, while shooting .462 from the floor, .343 from beyond the arc and .723 at the line.
Davis (6-8, 220) is in his second season after being selected in the second round (28th overall) by the Reno Big Horns in the 2016 NBA G League draft. Davis owns averages of 8.8 points and 4.3 rebounds on .566 shooting in 32 games this season. He has 74 games of NBA G League experience and has averaged 9.3 points and 4.3 rebounds in 18.3 minutes per game.
In 133 games (101 starts) at UC-Irvine, Davis collected averages of 10.4 points and 6.4 rebounds, while shooting .548 from the field. During his time with the Anteaters, Davis amassed over 1,300 points, 850 rebounds and 200 blocked shots.
Hamilton (6-4, 195) has spent the past two seasons with the Santa Cruz Warriors after going undrafted in 2012. He has appeared in 30 games (21 starts) this season and has averages of 11.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists, while shooting .477 from the field, .346 from the three-point line and .693 at the free throw line.
Hamilton played collegiately at Louisiana Tech and posted career averages of 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists, while shooting .459 from the floor. In 140 career games, Hamilton scored over 1,900 points (1,986) and ranks in the Bulldogs top-five in points, assists and steals.
The three-team trade will complete pending physical examinations.
The Windy City Bulls return to action on Tuesday against the Raptors 905 at Sears Centre Arena. For up-to-date information and to purchase tickets, visit WindyCityBulls.com .
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Warriors Acquire Returning Rights to Guards Lamar Patterson and Thomas Walkup, 2018 First-Round Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Fall on Late Surge - Maine Red Claws
- Milton Doyle Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Bighorns Acquire Daniel Ochefu, 2018 Third-Round Draft Selection and Rights to Spencer Dinwiddie in Three-Team Trade - Reno Bighorns
- Windy City Acquires C.J. Fair from Fort Wayne; Will Davis II, Alex Hamilton and Draft Pick in Separate Three-Team Deal - Windy City Bulls
- Mad Ants Acquire Duje Dukan and Returning Player Rights of Henry Sims - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- NAZ Suns Enter All-Star Break with a Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller