Chivas USA Defeats FC Santa Clarita Storm, 4-1, in Second Preseason Scrimmage
CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, January 30, 2013) - Chivas USA defeated FC Santa Clarita Storm, 4-1, Wednesday morning at The Home Depot Center's Field 6 in its second preseason scrimmage. The Rojiblancos took a two-goal advantage on goals by Miller Bolaños and Jose Correa in the first 31 minutes. The Storm answered back with a Miguel Ibarra score to cut the lead in half, but the Red-and-White would pull away with two unanswered goals by Bolaños and Jose Manuel Rivera, all in the first half for the rout.
- Chivas USA's next scrimmage will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 11:30 a.m. (PT) against the Chicago Fire at The Home Depot Center's Field 6.
- The Rojiblancos got into dangerous spots in their attacking third from the opening whistle. In the 18th minute, midfielder and academy product Marky Delgado served a pass from the right wing to Bolaños, who controlled the pass inside the box, squared up and beat the Storm goalkeeper.
- In the 31st minute, midfielder Giovani Casillas served a pass from the left wing into the box, where Correa was able to tap in the score for the Goats. Two minutes later, the Storm got on the board when Ibarra worked the ball on the left seam and found the back of the net unassisted to cut the lead down to 2-1.
- Chivas USA goalkeeper Patrick McLain got the start in the first half and was tested on two solid looks by the Storm-s offense. In the 14th minute, McLain denied a Storm attacker on a one-on-one breakaway.
- Bolaños knocked in his second goal of the match in the 35th minute when he and Correa combined for a give-and-go just outside the box. After passing the ball off to Correa above the arc, Bolaños made his run down the right seam and found the back of the net to give the Goats a 3-1 advantage.
- Four minutes later, Delgado recorded his second assist of the match when he headed a ball from Edgar Mejia near the right post back toward the center of the box, where Rivera gathered the pass and put the exclamation point on the Rojiblancos- four-goal performance and sealing the 4-1 win.
Chivas USA will kick off its ninth season when it hosts the Columbus Crew at The Home Depot Center for First Kick 2013 on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. PT. Ticket packs are available for as little as $10 per ticket. For more information please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa .
Major League Soccer Stories from January 30, 2013
- Chivas USA Defeats FC Santa Clarita Storm, 4-1, in Second Preseason Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Comcast SportsNet Houston Becomes New TV Home of the Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy to Host Club Tijuana in Friendly on February 19 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Second Edition of the Mauro Biello Festival this Weekend - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- United's Andy Najar Transferred to Belgian Side R.S.C. Anderlecht - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Fall 2-1 to Columbus Crew in Preseason Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Revs Announce 2013 Turf Tour - New England Revolution
- Rapids Midfielder MartÃn Rivero out 2-3 Months with Foot Injury - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Loans Kei Kamara to Norwich City F.C. - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Name Robin Fraser Assistant Coach - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Acquires FW Joao Plata from Toronto FC - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC Acquire MLS SuperDraft Pick for Plata - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC and Boulevard Enter into New Sponsorship Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Rookies Adapting Well as Casa Grande Trip Concludes - New England Revolution
- Revs drop final preseason match in Casa Grande - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.