Sporting KC and Boulevard Enter into New Sponsorship Agreement
Sporting Kansas City announced today it has entered into a sponsorship agreement with Boulevard Brewing Company, who become the official craft beer sponsor of the team. The five-year deal expands last season's informal partnership between the two homegrown organizations.
"The synergy between our two brands has been incredible, so we're obviously thrilled to continue the partnership in an even bigger way," said Andy Tretiak, Chief Marketing Officer of Sporting Club. "We're already working on some cool new programs for the upcoming season."
" This has been in the works for a long time," said Jeremy Ragonese, Boulevard's Director of Marketing. " Our mutual fans have been outspoken in their support for an alliance between Boulevard and Sporting KC, and their passion for our brands makes this a natural fit."
The brewery will serve as title sponsor of the Boulevard Members' Club, enjoyed by fans before, during and after games at Sporting Park. The club - adjacent to the Members' Stand - is home to the most vocal supporters of Sporting KC. In conjunction with its local distributor, Central States Beverage, Boulevard will also implement a variety of programs and initiatives throughout the city in support of the new alliance. Central States is also the brewery's partner in the new agreement.
"We are excited to partner with such an iconic Kansas City brand as Boulevard," said Jake Reid, Chief Revenue Officer of Sporting Kansas City. "They fit perfectly with our demographic, and we know our fans will enjoy the atmosphere in the Boulevard Members' Club."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 30, 2013
- Chivas USA Defeats FC Santa Clarita Storm, 4-1, in Second Preseason Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Comcast SportsNet Houston Becomes New TV Home of the Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy to Host Club Tijuana in Friendly on February 19 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Second Edition of the Mauro Biello Festival this Weekend - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- United's Andy Najar Transferred to Belgian Side R.S.C. Anderlecht - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Fall 2-1 to Columbus Crew in Preseason Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Revs Announce 2013 Turf Tour - New England Revolution
- Rapids Midfielder MartÃn Rivero out 2-3 Months with Foot Injury - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Loans Kei Kamara to Norwich City F.C. - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Name Robin Fraser Assistant Coach - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Acquires FW Joao Plata from Toronto FC - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC Acquire MLS SuperDraft Pick for Plata - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC and Boulevard Enter into New Sponsorship Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Rookies Adapting Well as Casa Grande Trip Concludes - New England Revolution
- Revs drop final preseason match in Casa Grande - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC Sinks San Jose in 3-2 Win
- Preview: Sporting KC Hosts San Jose on Saturday
- Kansas City Included in United Bid to Host 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Sporting KC Wins 4-3 Thriller over Chicago Fire
- Preview: Sporting KC Hits the Road to Face Chicago on Saturday