Jordan Morris Called in by U.S. U-20 MNTMay 20, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Seattle Sounders FC Press Release
Morris, an 18-year-old forward for the Sounders FC Academy U-18 team, will join the U.S. U-20 team for the 2013 Toulon Tournament from May 28-June 8 in Toulon, France. Morris is one of three current registered Academy players on the roster.
The 2012 Gatorade Washington State Player of the Year and Stanford University commit, Morris earned his first call-up on April 22 for training camp in Carson, Calif. With two games remaining in the 2012-13 USSDA Academy Season, Morris ranks second in the country with 24 goals scored to go along with 13 assists.
The tournament is the USA's final game preparation for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup, which runs June 21-July 13 in Turkey. The 41st edition of the Toulon Tournament features 10 countries placed in two five-team groups. The USA is in Group A with Colombia, Congo DR, South Korea and host France. Group B includes Belgium, Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria and Portugal.
The U.S. opens the tournament against France on Tuesday, May 28, at Stade LÃ©o-Lagrange in Toulon. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. local (1:30 p.m. ET). The group stage features four games, after which the group winners face each other in the championship match and the group runners-up meet in the third-place game. Both matches take place on Saturday, June 8.
The USA's U-20 World Cup games will be broadcast on ESPN Networks. Fans can also follow the action on ussoccer.com's Match Tracker and on Twitter @ussoccer_ynt .
Roster by Position
GOALKEEPERS (2): Cody Cropper (Southampton FC; Maple Grove, Minn.), Kendall McIntosh (Santa Clara; Santa Rosa, Calif.)
DEFENDERS (7): Eric Miller (Creighton; Woodbury, Minn.), Juan Pablo Ocegueda (C.D. Guadalajara; Riverside, Calif.), Shane O'Neill (Colorado Rapids; Boulder, Colo.), Jeffrey Payeras (C.S.D. Municipal; Hawthorne, Calif.), Caleb Stanko (SC Freiburg; Holly, Mich.), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Javan Torre (UCLA; Santa Monica, Calif.)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), Marlon Hairston (Louisville; Jackson, Miss.), Benji Joya (Santos Laguna; San Jose, Calif.), Mikey Lopez (Sporting Kansas City; Mission, Texas), Collin Martin (Wake Forest; Chevy Chase, Md.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew; Gahanna, Ohio)
FORWARDS (6): Daniel Cuevas (Santos Laguna; Sacramento, Calif.), Daniel Garcia (North Carolina; Dallas, Texas), Alonso Hernandez (C.F. Monterrey; El Paso, Texas), Alfred Koroma (Akron; Southlake, Texas), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders Academy; Mercer Island, Wash.), Victor Pineda (Chicago Fire; Bolingbrook, Ill.)
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2013
- Reserve League: Chivas USA Comes out on Top - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Forward Eddie Johnson Named MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Revolution Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Homegrown Midfielder Victor Pineda Named To U.S. U-20 Roster For Toulon Tournament - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Unveils Six-Match Ticketing Plan - D.C. United
- Sporting KC and Dynamo Set For May 26 Rematch - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Reserves Fall to Chivas USA Reserves - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers U-23s Eric Miller Called Up to U.S. U-20 National Team - Portland Timbers
- Ticket Information Announced for Red Bulls Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Match - New York Red Bulls
- Mexico Announces Roster for 2013 U.S. Tour Match against Nigeria in Houston on May 31 - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers U-23 Play Host to Charleston Battery Tuesday in Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Seattle Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Shane O'Neill to join U.S. U-20 squad for Toulon Tournament on June 2 - Colorado Rapids
- Gavric and Bridgewater Voted Into Earthquakes Hall of Fame - San Jose Earthquakes
- Mechack Jerome and Peterson Joseph selected to Haiti Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Wil Trapp Called in for United States U-20 Duty - Columbus Crew SC
- Jordan Morris Called in by U.S. U-20 MNT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Announce Upcoming Schedule Change - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC midfielder Mikey Lopez Named to U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Dillon Serna named to U.S. U-20 Roster for Toulon Tournament - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer and Windows 8 bring fans the smartest league experience - MLS
- Grabavoy Brace Powers Real Salt Lake to 4-1 Victory at Chivas USA - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Fall to Real Salt Lake at Home - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.