Ticket Information Announced for Red Bulls Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Match
HARRISON, NJ - The New York Red Bulls released ticket information for their third round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match on Wednesday, May 29 at 7:30 PM at Red Bull Arena.
The Red Bulls' opponent will be the winner of the second round contest between the Harrisburg City Islanders (USL PRO) and Reading United AC (PDL) that takes place on Tuesday, May 21 at 7:30 PM in Reading, PA.
2013 Red Bulls Season Ticket Holders will get complimentary tickets for this match up to the amount of season tickets that they own. All tickets issued for the third round game will be lower-level General Admission seats. They will also be able to purchase additional seats at a preferred price of $10 apiece. Season Ticket Holders may redeem their complimentary ticket offer and buy additional seats starting Tuesday, May 21 at 10:00 AM by logging onto their online Account Manager.
Members of Red Bulls Supporters groups - Empire Supporters Club, Garden State Ultras, and Viking Army - will be able to purchase $10 seats starting at 12:00 PM on Tuesday via their Account Manager.
Tickets, priced at $15 a seat, will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday at 2:00 PM by calling 1.877.RBSOCCER or logging onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
The Red Bulls will compete in the knockout tournament for the 17th time. Last year, the Red Bulls defeated USL PRO side, the Charleston Battery, 3-0, on the road before falling to the City Islanders on June 5, 3-1, in overtime in Harrisburg, PA. New York is 0-2 all-time versus Harrisburg in Open Cup play while it has never faced Reading United. Since Red Bull Arena opened in 2010, the Red Bulls are a perfect 4-0 in the Open Cup at home. New York's best finish in the tournament was in 2003, making it to the final before falling to the Chicago Fire, 1-0.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2013
- Reserve League: Chivas USA Comes out on Top - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Forward Eddie Johnson Named MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Revolution Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Homegrown Midfielder Victor Pineda Named To U.S. U-20 Roster For Toulon Tournament - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Unveils Six-Match Ticketing Plan - D.C. United
- Sporting KC and Dynamo Set For May 26 Rematch - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Reserves Fall to Chivas USA Reserves - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers U-23s Eric Miller Called Up to U.S. U-20 National Team - Portland Timbers
- Ticket Information Announced for Red Bulls Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Match - New York Red Bulls
- Mexico Announces Roster for 2013 U.S. Tour Match against Nigeria in Houston on May 31 - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers U-23 Play Host to Charleston Battery Tuesday in Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Seattle Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Shane O'Neill to join U.S. U-20 squad for Toulon Tournament on June 2 - Colorado Rapids
- Gavric and Bridgewater Voted Into Earthquakes Hall of Fame - San Jose Earthquakes
- Mechack Jerome and Peterson Joseph selected to Haiti Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Wil Trapp Called in for United States U-20 Duty - Columbus Crew SC
- Jordan Morris Called in by U.S. U-20 MNT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Announce Upcoming Schedule Change - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC midfielder Mikey Lopez Named to U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Dillon Serna named to U.S. U-20 Roster for Toulon Tournament - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer and Windows 8 bring fans the smartest league experience - MLS
- Grabavoy Brace Powers Real Salt Lake to 4-1 Victory at Chivas USA - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Fall to Real Salt Lake at Home - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.