Holden Assigned To FalconsFebruary 12, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Holden, who was recalled by the Blue Jackets for the first time this season on Feb. 3, played in two games during his stint with Columbus, going scoreless while compiling a +1 rating and averaging 8:35 of ice time. He is tied for second among Springfield defensemen with 22 points (4g-18a) and is fourth among all Falcon skaters at +13 in 44 contests.
A fifth-year pro, Holden made his NHL debut with the Blue Jackets in 2010-2011 and was scoreless for Columbus that season in five games. He has played in 266 AHL contests, totaling 101 points (21g-80a) with the Falcons and the Syracuse Crunch. Holden, a 25-year-old from St. Albert, Alberta, has been under contract with Columbus during his entire professional career and was re-signed to a one-year agreement by the Blue Jackets on June 30, 2012.
After heading to Bridgeport to take on the Sound Tigers tonight, the Eastern Conference-leading Falcons return home for three games over three days this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the MassMutual Center.
Fans attending Friday's "Battle of the Bay State" against the Worcester Sharks, presented by Comcast, will have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday." As part of USA Hockey's "Hockey Weekend Across America," the Falcons encourage all fans to wear their favorite hockey jersey to The Nest on Friday evening.
On Saturday, when Springfield welcomes the Portland Pirates back to the Pioneer Valley, the first 1,000 fans into the building will receive a Falcons winter hat, courtesy of Health New England. Fans can also win a free bicycle from Gus Coelho Auto Repair at 442 Holyoke St. in Ludlow as part of "Cycle Saturday."
The Falcons will hold their annual team poster giveaway, courtesy of Friendly's, on Sunday versus the Adirondack Phantoms. Following the action, fans are invited to participate in a postgame skate, presented by Western New England University, before having their posters signed by Falcons players in the MassMutual Center concourse.
Friday and Saturday's games begin at 7:00 p.m. Sunday's contest starts at 3:00 p.m.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Houston Steals 2-1 Shootout Victory from Texas - Texas Stars
- Admirals Burn Heat 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Edge Marlies 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Defeats Toronto 3-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Persson Lifts Sound Tigers over Falcons in Overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Fight on Despite Shootout Loss - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens Sink Pens, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Late Charge Lands Falcons Point In Overtime Defeat - Springfield Falcons
- Bruins Dethrone Monarchs 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Beaten Back by Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Columbus Blue Jackets Relieve Scott Howson of Duties as Executive Vice President and General Manager - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Sharks Recall C Tim Kennedy from Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Aim to Get Back on Track with Two Home Games this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Amerks Hall of Fame Induction Set for this Friday - Rochester Americans
- Frederik Andersen & Sacha Guimond Rejoin Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Assign Roy And Davidson To Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Chris Vandevelde Recalled by Edmonton; Darcy Hordichuk Assigned - Oklahoma City Barons
- Wolves Hosting Kevin Cheveldayoff Night on February 16 - Chicago Wolves
- Zolnierczyk Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wild Recall Kuemper, Scandella Assigned To Houston - Houston Aeros
- Unable to Overcome Early Rochester Lead, Monsters Fall 4-1 - Lake Erie Monsters
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Holden Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report: IceCaps Can't Carry Momentum to Finish Home Stand - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Marlies to Host Open Practice - Toronto Marlies
- \Flames Recall Centre Paul Byron - Abbotsford Heat
- Varone's Career Day Leads Amerks to 4-1 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Reassign Blain to Idaho - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Host "Pucks 4 Paws" Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Jake Allen Recalled by Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- February 12 Tuesday Preview vs Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Bridgeport, Game #46 - Springfield Falcons
- MacLellan Assigned to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Beats Toronto, Holds on to AHL's Top Spot - Texas Stars
- Texas Signs Bretton Cameron to PTO - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Sign Lunden to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Recall Forward Matt Pope from Reading - Hershey Bears
- Don'T Miss Pink in the Rink Tonight - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.