Knighthawks Sign Angus GoodleafJanuary 16, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) Rochester Knighthawks
"It feels good. I have been waiting for this for a month," said Goodleaf.
The four-year pro spent his entire career with the Buffalo Bandits, where he posted a 10.86 goals-against average and .767 save percentage over three seasons. In 2012, he notched a 13.37 goals-against average and a .708 save percentage.
Goodleaf, 25, has one championship to his credit, winning the 2010 Mann Cup Champion with the Peterborough Lakers. At the Junior "A" level, he was a member of the Six Nations Arrows in 2008 and led the team to a berth in the Ontario Finals. The previous season, he guided Burnaby to an appearance in the Minto Cup.
On the international level, he won a silver medal with the Iroquois Nationals at the 2011 World Indoor Lacrosse Championships. Goodleaf, who is from Kahanwake, has also played for the Iroquois in the Bowhunter Cup from 2011-12.
The Knighthawks will play their home opener on Saturday, January 19th against the rival Buffalo Bandits at 7:30 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. The Knighthawks will raise their championship banner before the game.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 16, 2013
- Knighthawks Sign Angus Goodleaf - Rochester Knighthawks
- Stealth's Smith wows NLL with second straight Player of Week honor - Washington Stealth
- Mammoth Military Appreciation Night Uniforms in Charity Auction - Colorado Mammoth
- Knighthawks' Joe Walters to Debut 'J Dub' Sub - Rochester Knighthawks
- Game Preview: Wings Look to Carry Season-Opener Victory Momentum - Philadelphia Wings
- Wings Captain Brodie Merrill Named NLL Transition Player of the Week - Philadelphia Wings
- Nick Rose Named Defensive Player of the Week - Toronto Rock
- Smith, Merrill, Rose & Knight Honored - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.