Rivermen Complete Weekend SweepJanuary 13, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Peoria Rivermen
The Rivermen now have a record of 17-17-2-2 at the midway point of the 2012-2013 campaign.
Milwaukee opened up the scoring early in the first period. Ben ripped a wrist shot past McKenna just 1:24 into the game. The puck flew in and out of the net so quickly that a video review was required to determine the goal. Mark Van Guilder and Victor Bartley earned assists on Ryan's first goal of the season.
The Rivermen tied the game on their first power play of the night. Derek Nesbitt finished off a feed from Adam Cracknell to make it a 1-1 contest. McRae also added an assist on the goal scored at 4:38 of the first.
The next goal of the game didn't come until the opening minutes the third period. Adam Cracknell redirected a Brent Regner shot between the legs of Jeremy Smith to give the Rivermen their first lead of the night at 2:52.
Taylor Beck re-tied the game with his sixth of the year with 11:14 remaining in the frame. Beck received a cross-ice pass from Michael Latta and one-timed it past McKenna.
Peoria had a chance on the power play in the final minute of regulation and first minute of overtime but could not convert. They outshot the Admirals 9-0 in overtime and 40-29 in the game but the game still required the shootout.
McKenna has now stopped 16 of the 17 shootout attempts he has faced and is 4-0 in shootouts this season.
The Rivermen went 1-for-6 on the power play, but went 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
The Rivermen will visit the Rockford IceHogs Friday at 7:05 p.m. before they return home to play against Texas and Houston on Saturday and Sunday. All games can be heard on CD Country 107.9 FM or online through www.rivermen.net.
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2013
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Shoot-Out Decision to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rivermen Complete Weekend Sweep - Peoria Rivermen
- Checkers Win Fifth Straight in Houston - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Stun Aeros 2-1 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Donovan's Late Goal Propels Sound Tigers to 5-4 Win over Devils - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Starts Slow, Blanked by Bears - Connecticut Whale
- Team Shutout Helps Bears Sweep Weekend with Whale - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Summon Four Players from Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Campbell, Stars Shutout Oklahoma City 3-0 - Texas Stars
- Twelve Wolves Players Recalled by Vancouver - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Lose Late against Bridgeport - Albany Devils
- ManniNO-T Enough - Manchester Monarchs
- Sateri Stellar in Loss to Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Defeat Monarchs 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Invite 26 Players to Training Camp - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Snap Home Losing Streak with Gutsy Effort - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall to IceCaps 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- 5 Phantoms Recalled by Philadelphia Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Matt Gilroy Signs with Rangers - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Tyler Murovich to P.T.O. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Houston Signs Defenseman Trevor Ludwig - Houston Aeros
- Lightning Add Four Players To Training Camp Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Seven Admirals Head to Anaheim Ducks Training Camp - Norfolk Admirals
- Whale Announce Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Kings Acquire Anthony Stewart - Manchester Monarchs
- Dallas Recalls Six from Texas - Texas Stars
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman Michael Del Zotto - Connecticut Whale
- Red Wings Recall Lashoff and Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Recall Seven from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Blanked by Wolves in Front of Sellout Crowd - Abbotsford Heat
- Climie Shuts out Heat to Run Winning Streak to Three - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.