Heat Blanked by Wolves in Front of Sellout CrowdJanuary 13, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Abbotsford Heat
Matt Climie earned his second shutout of the season, stopping all thirty Heat shots. The Wolves put just six shots on net in the final 40 minutes to sweep the Heat. Andrew Gordon scored the lone goal in the game for his first game-winner this season.
The Wolves opened the scoring at 19:05 of the first period on their third power play. Andrew Gordon scored his ninth goal of the season, set up by Darren Haydar and Bill Sweatt. The Wolves led 1-0 after 20 minutes of play.
The Heat outshot the Wolves 11-1 in the second period, and each team had just five shots in the third period. The Heat out-shot the Wolves 30 to 15 in the game.
Danny Taylor started the game looking for his third straight win, making 14 saves on 15 shots in the loss.
The Heat failed to score on two power play opportunities, while the Wolves scored on one of their four man advantages.
The loss drops the Heat into the eighth and final playoff position in the Western Conference. The Wolves are two points behind the Heat, with two games in hand.
The Heat have four games remaining in their first home stand of 2013. Abbotsford hosts the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) on Tuesday and Wednesday night, before the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators) visit on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The game on January 20th is the Heat's first Sunday game of the season, with puck drop at 4:00 PM. This game is also Faith Night. The Heat will host a post-game get together with team members Ben Walter, Tyler Ruegsegger, Zach McKelvie, and President Ryan Walter. For tickets and more information call 1-877-452-HEAT(4328) or head to www.AbbotsfordHeat.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2013
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Shoot-Out Decision to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rivermen Complete Weekend Sweep - Peoria Rivermen
- Checkers Win Fifth Straight in Houston - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Stun Aeros 2-1 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Donovan's Late Goal Propels Sound Tigers to 5-4 Win over Devils - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Starts Slow, Blanked by Bears - Connecticut Whale
- Team Shutout Helps Bears Sweep Weekend with Whale - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Summon Four Players from Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Campbell, Stars Shutout Oklahoma City 3-0 - Texas Stars
- Twelve Wolves Players Recalled by Vancouver - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Lose Late against Bridgeport - Albany Devils
- ManniNO-T Enough - Manchester Monarchs
- Sateri Stellar in Loss to Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Defeat Monarchs 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Invite 26 Players to Training Camp - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Snap Home Losing Streak with Gutsy Effort - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall to IceCaps 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- 5 Phantoms Recalled by Philadelphia Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Matt Gilroy Signs with Rangers - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Tyler Murovich to P.T.O. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Houston Signs Defenseman Trevor Ludwig - Houston Aeros
- Lightning Add Four Players To Training Camp Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Seven Admirals Head to Anaheim Ducks Training Camp - Norfolk Admirals
- Whale Announce Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Kings Acquire Anthony Stewart - Manchester Monarchs
- Dallas Recalls Six from Texas - Texas Stars
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman Michael Del Zotto - Connecticut Whale
- Red Wings Recall Lashoff and Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Recall Seven from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Blanked by Wolves in Front of Sellout Crowd - Abbotsford Heat
- Climie Shuts out Heat to Run Winning Streak to Three - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.