RailCats Acquire Outfielder Day to Complete Coles TradeSeptember 25, 2012 - American Association (AA) Gary SouthShore Railcats
The 26-year-old was born in Indianapolis and resides in Fort Wayne. Day was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 12th round of the 2008 draft out of Michigan State. He spent four years in the Reds organization, reaching the Double-A level. Day is a left-handed batter with a career .264 average and a solid .345 on-base percentage.
The RailCats went 16-9 following the trade to finish 50-50, while the Goldeyes went 13-14, earning the wild card spot before taking playoff series from Fargo and Wichita to win the league title.
American Association Stories from September 25, 2012
- T-Bones Rank Fifth in Independent Baseball in '12 Attendance - Kansas City T-Bones
- Pheasants Receive Van Leur Back from Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Complete Three Trades - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Acquire Outfielder Day to Complete Coles Trade - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- QuikTrip Park to Again Host Oakley Battle of the Borders - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.