Alumni to Assist in Puck Drop for SaturdaySeptember 19, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - Owen Sound Attack
Joel Ward, now a member of the Washington Capitals spent four seasons in Owen Sound, tallying 152 points before going on to play for the University of Prince Edward Island in the CIS. The Owen Sound fan favourite made his NHL debut in 2006/2007 with the Minnesota Wild, but became an everyday NHL player two seasons later with the Nashville Predators.
Scott Stajcer and Mike Halmo spent their overage seasons with the Attack during the 2011/2012 season, with Halmo serving as team Captain. Scott Stajcer signed an NHL Entry Level Contract in 2011 with the New York Rangers while Halmo was the recipient of an Entry Level Contract from the New York Islanders in 2012. Also on hand, Captain of the Attack during their 2011 OHL Championship, Garrett Wilson spent the 2011/2012 season split between the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL and the San Antonio Rampage of the AHL.
The Attack organization and the City of Owen Sound wish to welcome back all four alumni for opening night, this Saturday against the Saginaw Spirit.
Tickets for Saturday's home opener are available at the Attack Box Office in the main lobby of the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre, online at www.attackhockey.com or by calling (519) 371-7452.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 19, 2012
- CHL Announces BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings - OHL
- Cutting Named Captain - Owen Sound Attack
- OHL Announces Changes for 2012-13 - OHL
- 67's Name Captains and Alternates - Ottawa 67's
- Three Otters Listed in NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Rankings - Erie Otters
- Alumni to Assist in Puck Drop for Saturday - Owen Sound Attack
- Spits Acquire Emerson Clark - Windsor Spitfires
- Generals Acquire Hunter Smith for Emerson Clark - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.