American Association ResultsAugust 16, 2012 - American Association (AA)
It was all Sioux City in this one as the Explorers rolled out to a 4-0 lead after just an inning and would cruise to an 11-1 win over the Rockland Boulders. Sioux City LF Brandon Newton went 4-for-5 with a double and three runs scored. Explorers 1B Kris Sanchez and DH Jorge Delgado each had three hits in the game with Sanchez scoring three runs and Delgado driving in six. Sioux City starting pitcher Jason Jarvis tossed eight solid innings en route to the win. Jarvis allowed only an earned run on seven hits with two walks and four strikeouts.
Sioux Falls 11, Laredo 7
After falling behind 4-1 after three innings, the Sioux Falls Pheasants scored six runs over the next three innings to take a 7-4 lead and would go from there to an 11-7 victory over the Laredo Lemurs. CF/LF Jared Bolden had a terrific game at the plate for Sioux Falls going a perfect 5-for-5 with a home run, three runs scored and a RBI. Six other Pheasants hitters had two hits, including RF Cristian Guerrero who went 2-for-5 with two runs scored and three runs driven in. Sioux Falls starting pitcher Mitchell Clegg notched his seventh win of the season. Clegg went eight innings giving up four earned runs on six hits with a walk and four strikeouts.
Kansas City 8, Lincoln 3
Kansas City jumped out to a 3-0 lead after two innings and would roll to an 8-3 win over the Lincoln Saltdogs. Eight of the nine hitters in the T-Bones lineup collected a hit, including CF Justin C. Bass who went 2-for-2 with two runs scored and three RBI. Kansas City SS Devin Goodwin chipped in with three hits of his own, scored two runs and collected a stolen base. T-Bones starter Shaun Garceau picked up his eighth win of the season going six innings allowing an earned run on five hits with six strikeouts. For Lincoln in the loss, CF Sean M. Smith had two hits and two RBI.
Grand Prairie 7, Amarillo 5
After Amarillo scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to take a 5-3 advantage, Grand Prairie turned right around in the eighth and scored four times to retake the lead at 7-5 and would go on to win by that same score. AirHogs third baseman Andres Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with a home run and three RBI while CF Keanon Simon had two hits, two walks and a stolen base. The home run by Rodriguez was his 13th of the season. Grand Prairie reliever Derrick Miramontes was the winning pitcher and improved his record to 6-1 on the season. Miramontes tossed a 1/3 of an inning allowing two earned runs on two hits.
Winnipeg 8, Fargo-Moorhead 6
The Winnipeg Goldeyes picked up its first win in a very important four-game series as they defeated the North Division leader Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks by the score of 8-6. With the victory, Winnipeg now stands 5 ½ games behind Fargo-Moorhead. Centerfielder Chris Roberson went 2-for-3 with two runs scored and two RBI to lead the Winnipeg offense. Goldeyes C Luis Alen and SS Price Kendall each collected three hits. Winnipeg starting pitcher Andrew Walker notched the win as he gave up three earned runs on seven hits in six innings pitched.
El Paso 8, Wichita 5
El Paso keeps pace with Grand Prairie in the South Division standings as they defeated Wichita, 8-5. With the victory, the Diablos stay 3 ½ games behind the AirHogs. El Paso collected 16 hits tonight, including six for extra bases. Diablos 2B Daniel Nelson went 4-for-5 with a double, a home run and two RBI while 1B Fernando Valenzuela had a 3-for-5 game with a double and a run batted in. El Paso starting pitcher David Casillas picked up the win and is now 5-0 on the season. Casillas went five innings and gave up four earned runs on eight hits.
Gary SouthShore 14, St. Paul 8 (10 Innings)
What a wild game in St. Paul tonight as the Gary SouthShore RailCats scored six runs in the top of the 10th inning to beat the St. Paul Saints, 14-8. Gary SouthShore jumped out to a 7-1 lead after three innings of play. St. Paul would then plate six runs over the next three innings to tie the game at 7-7. It stayed that way until the ninth when each team scored a run to send the game into extra innings tied at 8-8. The RailCats would then put the game away with the six-run tenth inning. Gary SouthShore 1B Craig Maddox had two hits in the game, including a home run, with two runs scored and two RBI. RailCats reliever Marco Gonzalez notched the victory as he allowed an earned run on two hits in an inning of work.
American Association Stories from August 16, 2012
- Explorers defeat Rockland - Sioux City Explorers
- K.C. Hitters Stymied by Lincoln Pitching - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Fall To Wichita, Settle For Split - El Paso Diablos
- McMurray Mashes, Butler Bulldozes as 'Dogs Take Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Scurry's Beauty Beats Laredo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Scurry Ties Up Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Use Two Big Innings to Take Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Penprase Double Lifts RedHawks in 1-0 Victory over Goldeyes - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Salamida's Stellar Start Spoiled by Late Rally - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Score Six in Tenth to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Come Back in Eighth to Gut out Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Committ Franchise Record Tying High Six Errors in 14-8 Loss in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- Comeback Falls Short against El Paso - Wichita Wingnuts
- Comeback Bid Falls Short, Goldeyes Beat RedHawks 8-6 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Results - AA
- T-Bones Get Dozen Hits in 8-3 Win over Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
- Bolden's Five-Hit Night Leads Pheasants to Victory - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Hang out for Big Win against RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Explorers earn 11-1 win - Sioux City Explorers
- Nelson's Two Run Shot Paces Another Diablos Victory - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.