'Wolves Win Pitchers Duel 3-2August 1, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
The 'Wolves jumped ahead in the top of the second inning against Fisher Cats starter Yohan Pino. Avisail Garcia singled up the middle with one out and scored on a two-out Tony Plagman double off the wall for a 1-0 lead. The single for Garcia extended his hitting streak to 10 consecutive games.
New Hampshire responded in the bottom of the third against Erie starter Jared Wesson. Koby Clemens walked with one out and John Tolisano followed with a two-run home run that wrapped around the left field foul pole for a 2-1 Fisher Cats edge.
Wesson settled down and tossed three scoreless innings following the home run.
The SeaWolves regained the lead in the top of the seventh. Jordan Lennerton led off and snapped a string of 10 straight retired by Pino with a walk. Garcia followed and crushed a double to the alley in left-center, scoring Lennerton from first, tying the game. Garcia stole third giving Plagman a chance with no one out to drive in the go-ahead run. After a Plagman groundout, Brandon Douglas laid down a squeeze bunt, scoring Garcia for a 3-2 Erie lead.
The 'Wolves bullpen of Tyler Stohr, Kenny Faulk and Bruce Rondon combined to toss 2.2 scoreless innings preserving the Erie win. Rondon worked a scoreless ninth earning his 12th save in as many chances.
Wesson (7-6) earned the win tossing 6.1 innings allowing two runs on three hits with four walks and three strikeouts. He is 3-1 since returning to Erie from Lakeland.
The SeaWolves will look for the series win on Thursday night against the Fisher Cats.7:05 First Pitch. RHP Patrick Cooper (2-6, 5.40 ERA) takes the mound for Erie against RHP Fernando Hernandez (2-6, 4.94 ERA).
Eastern League Stories from August 1, 2012
- Another Pirela Walk-Off Gives Trenton 6th Straight Win - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Thunderstruck for Second Straight Night - Altoona Curve
- Big Inning Lifts Aeros to 5-3 Win - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Rock Cats - Bowie Baysox
- Reading Tops Squirrels, 7-4 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Done In by Five Run Akron Fourth - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Squeak Past B-Mets, 3-2 - Binghamton Mets
- Senators Snap Slide with 3-2 Win over Binghamton - Harrisburg Senators
- R-Phils Directly Affected by MLB Trade Deadline - Reading Fightin Phils
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Wolves Win Pitchers Duel 3-2 - Erie SeaWolves
- Pino Strong in 3-2 Loss to Erie - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Harrisburg Senators - Binghamton Mets
- Baysox Host Football Kick off Party - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves at New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.