Homers at Hanger Keep 66ers from SweepJuly 29, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Manaurys Correa carried a streak of five consecutive quality starts into Sunday's matchup, but he allowed runs in each of the first two innings at Lancaster. Taylor Lindsey tied the game with a two run home run in the 4thinning and the 66ers stepped in front for the first time after Lindsey tripled to start the 6th and was brought home by Kaleb Cowart.
But Inland Empire would not strike again and in the home half of the 6ththe JetHawks Rafael Valenzuela smacked a two run home run to right to put the JetHawks back in front. Inland Empire scored an unearned run in the 7thto tie it, but Lancaster took back the lead for good when Erik Castro homered to center to make it 5-4 JetHawks.
Inland Empire did take two of the three games in the series and has now won three straight sets heading into an off day Monday. Tuesday the 66ers will be in action in Rancho Cucamonga against the Quakes. The game can be heard on the home of 66ers baseball KCAA 1050 AM beginning with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Pre-Game show at 6:55. For information on 66ers tickets or to schedule your next fun filled group outing, contact the 66ers front office at (909)888-9922, or check out the website 66ers.com.
California League Stories from July 29, 2012
- Dodgers' Arms Help Quakes Down Storm on Sunday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Homers at Hanger Keep 66ers from Sweep - Inland Empire 66ers
- 66ers Back to .500 in 2nd Half - Inland Empire 66ers
- Giants Drop Second Straight to Nuts, 5-1 - San Jose Giants
- Bakersfield Blanked for Second Time on Homestand, 6-0 - Bakersfield Blaze
- Storm Cool off Quakes on Saturday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.