Aizenstadt Purchased by PhilliesJuly 28, 2012 - American Association (AA) Wichita Wingnuts
Aizenstadt was 1-0 with a 3.77 ERA for the Wingnuts in 10 relief appearances over 14.1 innings pitched. The true rookie did not allow an earned run in seven of 10 outings, and worked more than one inning on six different occassions. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Aizenstadt recently finished his college career at Virginia Tech University. The Weymouth, MA native also pitched for three seasons at Babson College.
Aizenstadt is expected to report to the Williamsport Crosscutters in the Short Season-A New York-Penn League.
Aizenstadt joins LHP Nate Robertson and RHP Matt Nevarez as Wingnuts sold to Major League organizations this season.
Wichita continues its series at Laredo tonight. First pitch is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. All the action can be heard locally on Oldies 92.7 KWME and worldwide at www.pressboxproductionsradio.com following the completion of the feature broadcast of the 78th annual NBC World Series.
The Wingnuts return home on Monday, August 13th when they host the El Paso Diablos. Individual tickets can be purchased by calling (316) 755-SEAT, or by visiting www.selectaseat.com
For season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts' main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts' official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
American Association Stories from July 28, 2012
- Lemurs Lose a Close One - Laredo Lemurs
- Kent Helps Salvage Win for T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kent Slams Door on AirHogs' Rally in Ninth - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Chirinos Dazzles In Debut As Diablos Take Fourth Straight Series - El Paso Diablos
- Saltdogs snap six-game losing streak - Sioux City Explorers
- Pheasants Rally Big to Beat Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints' Pitching Baffles Les Capitales in 6-2 Win - St. Paul Saints
- One Comeback Bid Not Enough - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Debuting 'Dogs Impress in Crisp Series Equalizer - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Fargo Defeats RailCats 9-2 to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Will Have Two Carr's to Choose From, Sign Pitcher Nick Carr - St. Paul Saints
- Aizenstadt Purchased by Phillies - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Acquire Shah, Rolon from Lincoln - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Dogs Trade for Lock-Down Reliever, Slugging Rookie OF - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Diablos Rally Again In Ninth, Walk Off In 12th - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.