WhiteWings Bow to Edinburg, 8-1July 22, 2012 - North American League (NAL) Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
Martinez (7-3) threw six strong innings and allowed only one earned run and scattered four hits, walking two and striking out four. Meanwhile, his mound opponent, Luis Chirinos (7-3), was touched for seven earned runs in five innings and allowed 10 hits.
Smith, who had missed two games earlier this week with turf toe, hit a two out, bases loaded double in the bottom of the fourth off Chirinos,to givethe first place Roadrunners (35-21) a 6-1 advantage. Felix Molina, who was 15-29 in the eight games the two teams played each other over the past nine days, added a 2-run single in the bottom of the fifth.
Tonight the WhiteWings (31-24) host the McAllen Thunder at 7:05 p.m. to start an eight game home stand. It is "Pack the Park" night and a Motorcycle Parade will precede the game.
North American League Stories from July 22, 2012
- Thunder Earn Split - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Thunder Need Extras to Win - McAllen Thunder
- Pacifics Claw Way Back, Win On Walkoff By Jova - San Rafael Pacifics
- WhiteWings Bow to Edinburg, 8-1 - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Roadrunners Return Favor, Beat 'Wings - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Temperature Was Hot, But Cats Were Hotter - Fort Worth Cats
- Colts Swept in Doubleheader Sunday - San Angelo Colts
- Rowe Returns - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Colts Activate Walton - San Angelo Colts
- Colts Hang on to Beat Fort Worth - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.