Dragons Gameday for July 18July 18, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980
Clinton Lumber Kings (13-11, 36-56) at Dayton Dragons (9-15, 39-55)
RH Trevor Miller (5-6, 3.65) vs. RH Stalin Gerson (4-6, 4.42)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Clinton Lumber Kings (affiliate of the Seattle Mariners) in the first game of a three-game series. Season Series : First meeting between the clubs.
- Ryan Wright is batting .341 in the second half (23 games) to raise his average from .286 to .300.
- Yorman Rodriguez is batting .370 over his last 14 games (20 for 54) with two home runs, five doubles, and one triple. Rodriguez was named Midwest League Batter of the Week for the week of July 2-8.
- Mike Dennhardt has tossed 10 scoreless innings over his last five relief appearances.
- Dan Jensen has not allowed a hit over his last six innings of work covering two relief appearances. Over those two games, he has allowed no runs, walked two and struck out five. Jensen has become the first Montgomery County native to play for the Dragons. Jensen is from the Dayton suburb of Centerville.
- The Dragons went 2-4 on their six-game road trip. They are 9-10 since opening the second half by losing their first five games.
- The Dragons are looking for some consistency on offense. On their road trip, their two wins produced run totals of 8 and 7. In the other four games, they scored 0, 1, 1, and 2. They had a 16-hit game but batted .227 on the trip as a team.
- The Dragons bullpen has been strong over the last 10 games, posting a 2.49 ERA (43.1 IP, 12 ER). The bullpen ERA in the second half (24 games) is improving but still a high 5.19 ERA (102.1 IP, 59 ER). In the first 14 games of the half, the bullpen allowed 47 ER in 59 innings.
- The Dragons are batting .269 as a team over their last 51 games (470 for 1746). They hit .226 in their first 43 games (total: 94 G, .249).
- Four members of the Dragons are rated among the Reds top 30 prospects according to Baseball America . They include outfielder Yorman Rodriguez (#19), outfielder Kyle Waldrop (#22), second baseman Ryan Wright (#23), and first baseman Sean Buckley (#24).
Playoff Chase : The Dragons must finish first or second in the East Division in the second half (excluding Lansing and Bowling Green) to qualify for the playoffs. Entering tonight's game, they are four games out of the playoff slot.
Midwest League Stories from July 18, 2012
- Miller Dazzles in Complete Game Four-Hitter - Clinton LumberKings
- Suarez Celebrates Birthday, Leads 'Caps to Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McMahan blasts game-winning homer in tenth for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Quad Cities Manages Just Three Hits in 7-1 Loss to Captains - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Lose 9-8 in 10 on Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps Blank Kernels in Series Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rickles Lifts Bees in Ninth, Win 4-3 in South Bend - Burlington Bees
- Longballs Fuel Hot Rods to Checkered Flag - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps tame Kernels bats, 6-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Blanked in Bowling Green - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Win Streak Extended to Five with 7-1 Victory - Lake County Captains
- Bees Rally for Series-Opening Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Clinton Blows by Dragons 4-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Lansing/Beloit rained out, twinbill Thursday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Moreno Rejoins Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Tonight's Game Cancelled against Lansing Lugnuts - Beloit Snappers
- Shipers Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Clinton LumberKings
- Illini Night with Coach Groce on August 28 - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Release Mobile Site Update with Social Media Platform - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Make Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Goncalves Promoted to Ft. Myers - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Gameday for July 18 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.