Rox Roll over MoonDogsJuly 15, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Mankato MoonDogs
MoonDog's starter, Kyle McGrath (Louisville) struggled on the mound throwing for six innings, allowing eight runs on eight hits, while walking five batters and striking out six.
With the game tied 2-2 going into the fourth inning, the Rox took control of the game with a home run by right-fielder, Tony Skjefte (Minnesota). The two-run blast was the first home run of the season for the Eden Prairie, Minn. native, and gave the Rox a 6-2 lead.
The Rox would add two more runs in the sixth and three in the seventh to take an 11-4 lead. Mankato pieced together two runs in the bottom of the seventh and two more in the bottom of the eighth, but would fall short in their comeback attempt, going down scoreless in the ninth.
Offensively the MoonDogs were led by Chad Christensen (Nebraska) and David Andriese (UC Riverside). Christensen went 2-4 at the plate with a triple and two runs scored, while Andriese finished the day 1-5 hitting his second home run of the summer.
The MoonDogs are 4-1 at Joe Faber Field this season and will return there for the final time for a 7:05 p.m. showdown with the Rox Monday. The 'Dogs will be back at The Frank Tuesday to continue their series against the Rox. It is Summer St. Patty's night on Tuesday. The Frank will be decorated with green bases, green beers and the 'Dogs will be wearing green jerseys.
Single and season tickets are on sale at the MoonDogs office located at 1221 Caledonia Street. For more information, visit our website www.mankatomoondogs.com or call the MoonDogs office at 507-625-7047.
Northwoods League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Rox Chase MoonDogs - St. Cloud Rox
- Bullfrogs Topple Battle Creek to avoid Sweep - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Stingers' Four-Game Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss - Willmar Stingers
- Rox Roll over MoonDogs - Mankato MoonDogs
- Beetles Rally with Big Eighth - Alexandria Beetles
- Green Bay Salvages Series Finale - Battle Creek Bombers
- Long Balls Lift Chinooks over Eau Claire 9-2 Sunday - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Six Walk Offs- Six Different Ways - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Hang on to Win Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Drop Rubber Match of Series against Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Honkers Can't Hold Lead, Lose 6-4 - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards, Rafters Square off in Rubber Match - Madison Mallards
- Beetles win finale - Alexandria Beetles
- Rafters Lose Command in Duck Pond - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Bullfrogs Fall to Battle Creek Bombers 7-2 After Big Eighth Inning - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Big 8th Inning Leads to Bomber Win - Battle Creek Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.