Second-Round Pick Rodriguez Joins LoonsJuly 6, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Great Lakes Loons
Rodriguez was a part of three College World Series teams in his three seasons at the University of Florida. As a junior in 2012, Rodriguez struck out 79 in 60 2/3 innings. He went 3-2 with a 2.18 ERA in 34 appearances. He walked just 13 and surrendered just 49 hits. He also was drafted in 48th round by the Houston Astros in the 2009 draft.
Outfielder Nick Akins has been placed on the disabled list.
The Loons (6-8 second half, 40-44 overall) play the Lansing Lugnuts (7-7, 53-29) tonight to conclude their three-game series at Cooley Law School Stadium. Game time is 7:05pm. Right-hander Gustavo Gomez (5-6, 5.05 ERA) is scheduled to start for the Loons against stand-out righty Aaron Sanchez (7-0, 0.63). The game will be broadcast live on ESPN 100.9-FM and ESPN1009.com.
The Great Lakes Loons are a sixth-year Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and are in the middle of their 5th Anniversary Celebration, which kicked off in August 2011 and will continue throughout the 2012 season. For more information about the Loons, visit Loons.com or call 989-837-BALL.
Midwest League Stories from July 6, 2012
- Kernels get last comeback to beat Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Grind out Road Win, Avoid Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Escape Fort Wayne with 4-3 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Can't Beat The Heat In Series Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Patterson, Lugnuts thrash Loons, 15-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Quad Cities Powers Way to 6-1 Win over Cougars in Finale - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Drop Series Finale to River Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Wright's Homer Lifts Dragons to 4-3 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Hawks Drop Tightly-Contested Finale - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains Slug West Michigan 9-2 - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Homestand Notes for July 7-9 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for July 6 - Dayton Dragons
- Second-Round Pick Rodriguez Joins Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons and Vectren Present 2012 "Community All-Stars" - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Win 8-3, Take Second Straight from Hot Rods - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.