Indiana Acquires Karima Christmas in Trade with Tulsa ShockJuly 2, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Indiana Fever
Hodges, acquired in an offseason trade with San Antonio last March, played 12 games for Indiana and averaged 3.2 points per game. Christmas, a second-round draft pick by Washington in 2011, was waived by the Mystics last summer and signed by the Shock.
A graduate of Duke University, Christmas averaged 3.2 points and 1.2 rebounds in 17 games with Tulsa in 2011. She posted averages of 3.6 points and 1.9 boards through 14 games this season while leading the WNBA with 2.33 steals per turnover. She ranks third in the WNBA with 3.48 steals per 40 minutes.
A WNBA playoff participant in seven straight seasons and eight times since 2002, the Indiana Fever has advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals three times in the past five years. The Fever conducts a four-game homestand beginning July 5 with games against San Antonio (July 5, 7:00 p.m.), Chicago (July 7, 7:00 p.m.), New York (July 10, Noon - Kids Day) and Los Angeles (July 12, 7:00 p.m.). For single-game and season ticket information, visit FeverBasketball.com or call (317) 917-2500.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2012
- Sparks Forward Candace Parker Named Player of the Month - Los Angeles Sparks
- Atlanta Dream Skills Academy in Winston July 16 - Atlanta Dream
- Charles Named Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Connecticut's Charles and Los Angeles' Parker Named Players of the Month - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream's Angel McCoughtry Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Atlanta Dream
- Indiana Acquires Karima Christmas in Trade with Tulsa Shock - Indiana Fever
- Shock Acquires Roneeka Hodges - Tulsa Shock
- Dream's McCoughtry and Silver Stars' Young Take Weekly Honors - WNBA
- Sun Spotlights The Arc New London County - Connecticut Sun
- Sparks Waive Guard Coco Miller - Los Angeles Sparks
- Phoenix Mercury's Samantha Prahalis Named Rookie of the Month for June - WNBA
- New York Liberty Waives Kelly Miller - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.