Phenoms, Fireworks and Four-Legged Friends Highlight July 1-3 SlateJune 29, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) State College Spikes
The Spikes will host the Batavia Muckdogs (St. Louis Cardinals affiliate) in a three-game series at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Sunday's game time is set for 6:05 p.m. with first pitch on Monday and Tuesday evenings slated for 7:05 p.m.
The homestand will be highlighted by a pair of post-game fireworks shows on Sunday and Tuesday, the ever-popular "Bark in the Park" on Monday and the first "Monday Buck Night" of the season. Plus, 17-year old pitching prospect Luis Heredia, one of the Pittsburgh Pirates' top young arms, is expected to start Sunday's 6:05 p.m. game.
The Sunday and Tuesday fireworks displays are presented by Snyder's of Hanover and the PA Lottery, respectively, and will help ring in Fourth of July Week in Central PA. Sunday is also another First National Bank Family Fireworks Funday, which includes a Pre-Game Catch from 5-5:30, and kids can run the bases following the fireworks show.
Monday's game provides the best combination of ballpark fun and affordability all season! Fans are invited to bring their dogs to the 7:05 p.m. game for the first of two Bark in the Park Nights, presented by Metzger Animal Hospital. Dogs don't require a separate ticket, but fans are asked to obey just a few simple rules. Dogs are only permitted to sit in the Outfield Bleacher section, or roam the concourse areas on a leash with their owner. In addition, fans are asked to only bring one dog per person and should bring copies of their dogs ' vaccination records.
As if bringing your four-legged pal to the game isn't great enough, fans can take advantage of the first "Buck Night" of the season, presented by 95.3 FM 3WZ. Outfield Bleacher seats cost just one dollar, and hot dogs, small sodas and peanuts will be available for just one buck as well!
Here's what's on tap for the Spikes July 1-3 home series against Batavia:
Sunday, July 1 (6:05 p.m. vs. Batavia)
- Gates open at 5 p.m. (4:45 season ticket holders)
- Family Fireworks Funday presented by First National Bank
- FIREWORKS presented by Snyder's of Hanover
- Pre-Game Catch on the Field (5-5:30 p.m.)
- Post-Game Kids Run the Bases presented by Clinical Outcomes Group, Inc.
- Health & Fitness Night, including "Salute to the Right to Bare Arms"
- Northwest Savings Bank Ticket Discount Night - save $3 off any ticket in the park, excluding picnic and suite tickets, when you show your Northwest Savings Bank credit or debit card at the Spikes Box Office
Monday, July 2 (7:05 p.m. vs. Batavia)
- Gates open at 6 p.m. (5:45 season ticket holders)
- Bark in the Park Night presented by Metzger Animal Hospital - Bring your dog to the ballpark. Dogs should be leashed and must show proof of vaccination. Dogs can sit only in Outfield Bleacher section or roam the concourse.
- Buck Night presented by 95.3 FM 3WZ - $1 Outfield Bleacher tickets, hot dogs, small sodas and peanuts
- Books and Baseball Night
Tuesday, July 3 (7:05 p.m. vs. Batavia)
- FIREWORKS presented by PA Lottery and ESPN Radio 1450
- T-Shirt Tuesday Giveaway (First 500 Fans), presented by Penn State Federal Credit Union
- Salute to Spam - Celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the canned meat product
Great seats are available for all three nights and can be purchased by visiting the Medlar Field at Lubrano Park Box Office, by calling toll-free (877) 99-SPIKES, or by visiting StateCollegeSpikes.com to buy and print tickets from your home computer.
New York-Penn League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Doubledays' Win Streak Snapped with 5-4 Loss - Auburn Doubledays
- Cyclones' Pitching Stifles IronBirds - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Rodriguez Shines, But Spikes Fall to Scrappers, 3-2 - State College Spikes
- Cutters Lock Down Comeback Win - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Lake Monsters Nip Lowell 2-1 In Pitchers Duel Friday Night - Vermont Lake Monsters
- ValleyCats Take Game Two with 5-2 Win - Connecticut Tigers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - June 29 at Mahoning Valley - State College Spikes
- Phenoms, Fireworks and Four-Legged Friends Highlight July 1-3 Slate - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.