Chasers Zapped by the Zephyrs, Lose 12-1June 29, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Roman Colon, Louis Coleman, Francisley Bueno and 2012 Triple-A All-Star Tommy Hottovy all combined to work 7.2 innings and allowed just one run, which came on a sacrifice fly given up in the second by Colon.
New Orleans' (42-39) Bryan Petersen singled to lead-off the game and after stealing second, scored on an RBI single. A Johnny Giavotella throwing error on a bunt by the Zephyrs' Nick Green scored one run and loaded the bases for Luke Montz who took Montgomery deep for a grand slam, to put the vistors up, 6-0.
Nola put the Chasers (50-31) in an even deeper hole after a five-run second in which the first three Zephyrs' reached on singles. A throwing error by Anthony Seratelli scored two while the next batter, Chris Aguila, singled to load the bases. The next two batters each singled to score one run each before Colon came in to pitch for Montgomery. Colon allowed a sac fly before collecting the inning's final out.
Johnny Giavotella singled to start the fourth and was brought home two batters later on Robinson's RBI double to make the score 11-1, in favor of New Orleans.
The Zephyrs' added one final insurance run in the top of the fifth to snag a 12-1 lead.
Omaha will attempt to exact some revenge on New Orleans for this tough loss on Friday at 7:05 p.m. Friday's game will feature post-game fireworks thanks to our partners at American Family Insurance. Be sure to tune in locally on 1180 The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com to listen to your Omaha Storm Chasers do battle against the New Orleans Zephyrs.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Aces Cruise Past Grizzlies, 11-3 - Reno Aces
- Padres fall to Sky Sox - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Shut Out By Las Vegas, 4-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sogard Gives River Cats 1-0, Walk-Off Win in Extras - Sacramento River Cats
- Adams Adamant against Albuquerque - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Topes Battered by 'Birds, 9-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Lopez, Cubs Shutout RedHawks, 7-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Storm Chasers Put Away the Zephyrs, 8-3, on Friday Night - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Deafen Round Rock Express 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Evade RedHawks Swoop in Shutout - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Takes Series with 2-0 Shutout in Round Rock - Nashville Sounds
- Chasers Defeat Zephyrs 8-3, Win Series - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Express Host New Orleans To Conclude Home Stand Series Concludes With Independence Day Fireworks Cel - Round Rock Express
- Sky Sox Release Patriotic Independence Week Schedule of Events - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Storm Chasers to Host the 20th Anniversary Sandlot Tour - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces-Diamondbacks Extend Partnership Through 2016 - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes: June 29, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- July 4th Berm Seating Goes on Sale Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Foiled By 51s Luis Jimenez, Adam Moore homer for Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Fall 11-8 to Fresno - Reno Aces
- River Cats Bested by Bees, 10-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Tucson beats Colorado Springs - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Zapped by the Zephyrs, Lose 12-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Topes Rally by Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.