Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern IllinoisJune 21, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Evansville Otters
First baseman Nick Schwaner and catcher Brett Chamberlain both produced RBI singles in the 12th, followed by a three run home run from outfielder DeAngelo Mack.
Evansville initially trailed 1-0 on an RBI groundout in the first inning. It was the result of an unearned run and the only run allowed by Evansville starting pitcher Matt Crim over 7.0 innings.
The Otters trailed 1-0 until the top of the seventh inning when Schwaner led off with a walk against starter David Harden and scored a few batters later on the RBI triple from infielder Taylor Black.
Both teams would then have multiple chances to take a lead over the next few innings, with no runs to show for it.
Evansville then added five runs in the top of the 12th only to see Southern Illinois rally back in the bottom half of the inning. Catcher Sean Coughlin hit a two-run home run to pull within three runs but closer Eric Massingham recorded the final few outs and preserve the marathon win.
It is the longest game innings-wise this season for the Evansville Otters and the second longest in terms of time at three hours and 43 minutes.
Evansville has now won back to back games including five in a row at Rent One Park.
Frontier League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern Illinois - Evansville Otters
- Miners Lose in Extras - Southern Illinois Miners
- Take That! Lisk Delivers In The 11th - River City Rascals
- Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat Beach Bums - Windy City ThunderBolts
- ThunderBolts Claim Game Two - Traverse City Beach Bums
- CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Maxwell Leads Slammers to 2-1 Win - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Edged in Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters defeat Rockford - Normal CornBelters
- Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by Royals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rippers Respond to Liquor License Issue - London Rippers
- June 21 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Crushers-Rippers Rained Out - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rippers Game Cancelled - London Rippers
- Two More Pitchers Headed to Affiliated Teams - Windy City ThunderBolts
- RiverHawks Announce Field Training Day & Veterans Appreciation Night - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Fall Short in Extras against Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.