TinCaps Announce Roster MovesJune 21, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
Infielder Casey McElroy transferred from Fort Wayne to Advanced-A Lake Elsinore. McElroy, 22, played in 59 games with the TinCaps and hit .237. He collected a team-best 30 RBI and hit five home runs.
Infielder Felix Cabrera transferred from Peoria to Fort Wayne. Cabrera, 22, was signed as a non-drafted free agent on April 24, 2009. The native of the Dominican Republic worked to a .211 batting average, with one home run and 40 RBI in three prior seasons within the San Diego organization, not having played above the Arizona League. This year, he has played in four games with Double-A San Antonio and two with Triple-A Tucson. He collectively went 6-11 with no home runs and no RBI. Cabrera will wear #18.
The TinCaps roster currently stands at 24 players, one below the Midwest League Limit.
Midwest League Stories from June 21, 2012
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kaleb Cowart promoted to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Captains Francisco Lindor Named to MLB Sirius XM Futures Game - Lake County Captains
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 22-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 2012 Nick Adenhart Memorial Scholarship Winner, Mack Mattke - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees' Pan to Play in Futures Game - Burlington Bees
- Drew Stubbs to Play for Dragons Beginning Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons on TV Friday and Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Pair of Former Cougars to Play in MLB All-Star Futures Game - Kane County Cougars
- Brewers 2012 Supplemental First Round Pick Joins Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for June 25-30 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.