Honkers Blown out by BucksJune 11, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Rochester Honkers
After jumping out to a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the first inning, the game would go nowhere but downhill for the home team as they would surrender one in the second inning and then a whopping twelve in the fourth to put the game out of reach.
Honkers starting pitcher, right hander Chris Noble's (Pikeville) ERA would take a serious hit after giving up eleven (eight earned) runs in 3.0 innings of work for the loss. Noble, who could not buy an out in the top of the fourth, is now 0-3 on the season.
The Honkers would use four more pitchers in the game and allow another seven runs over the next five innings to give the Bucks a total of twenty-one.
Rochester pushed across two runs in the eighth inning and another three runs in the ninth, but the deficit was too large at that point.
Waterloo starter Dustin Lamacchia (Quinnipiac) pitched five innings and gave up three runs to earn the victory in his first start of the year.
Honkers first baseman Jake Ratz had a great night off of the bench going 2 for 2 with a deep two-run home run to right center in the eighth inning and an RBI single in the ninth.
Centerfielder Dakota Smith (Dakota) finished 3 for 5 with two runs and three runs batted in and left fielder Ben Lahn (Lamar CC) was 2 for 4.
The thirty-one combined runs scored are the fifth highest total in Northwoods League history.
The Honkers will look to bounce back tomorrow, June 12th, against the Bucks at 7:05 PM at Mayo Field. On the mound for Rochester will be lefty DJ Snelten (Minnesota). Snelten is 0-1 in two starts with a 4.00 ERA. The Bucks will send right hander Brock Hudgens (Charlotte) to the hill for the start. Hudgens is 0-0 in two starts with a 2.16 ERA.
Northwoods League Stories from June 11, 2012
- Stingers Win in Extra Innings, 5-4 - Willmar Stingers
- Cats Claw Rox - St. Cloud Rox
- Honkers Blown out by Bucks - Rochester Honkers
- Woodchucks Get by Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Express Top Bombers in Series Opener - Battle Creek Bombers
- Chinooks Lose Game and Sole Possession of 1st Place - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Tip-A-Buck Set for Wednesday - Waterloo Bucks
- Barrett Named Young Plumbing and Heating Player of the Week - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards and Woodchucks Meet for the First Time in 2012 - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.