TinCaps Announce Roster MovesJune 8, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
RHP Matt Stites placed on the disabled list retroactive to June 6th. Stites, 22, is 1-0 with a 0.89 ERA in 17 relief appearances. He has converted five saves, second most on the club. It is the second trip to the disabled list this year for Stites. He was previously sidelined from May 21-May 29.
LHP Robert Eisenbach placed on the disabled list retroactive to June 6th. Eisenbach, 24, is 0-3 with a 5.09 ERA in 21 relief appearances. In 23 innings of work, the lefthander has struck out 14 batters and walked 16.
RHP Chris Haney transferred from Triple-A Tucson to Fort Wayne. Haney, 23, had no record and a 3.00 ERA in three games with Triple-A Tucson. He has also appeared in 15 games out of the bullpen for Class-A Advanced Lake Elsinore, going 1-1 with a 1.65 ERA. Haney was selected in the 20th round of the 2011 draft by the Padres out of Dallas Baptist University. Last season, Haney appeared in three games with Fort Wayne, allowing three earned runs over three innings of work. Haney will wear #17.
RHP James Jones transferred from Double-A San Antonio to Fort Wayne. Jones, 23, appeared in six games out of the Missions bullpen, going 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA. In eight innings of work, he struck out nine and walked four. The Barlow, Kentucky, native was selected in the 33rd round of the 2011 draft out of the University of Louisiana-Monroe. In 2011, he worked to a 2-1 record with a 2.67 ERA in 30 relief outings between the Arizona League Padres and the Class-A Eugene Emeralds of the Northwest League. Jones will wear #32.
OF Mykal Stokes transferred from Fort Wayne to Triple-A Tucson. Stokes, 22, played in four games with Fort Wayne, picking up two hits in 11 at bats.
OF Kyung Min-Na transferred from extended spring training to Fort Wayne. Na, 20, hit .115 in a 15-game stint with Fort Wayne earlier this season. Na will wear #13.
The TinCaps roster currently stands at the Midwest League limit of 25 players.
Midwest League Stories from June 8, 2012
- Bees Shut Out, 7-0 to Beloit - Burlington Bees
- Hawks Blanked in Series Finale with Loons - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Miller time for the Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Sweep Kernels in Record Setting Fashion - Peoria Chiefs
- River Bandits Fall to Cougars, Suffer First Sweep of 2012 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Sweep River Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Enjoy Big Inning, Beat Dragons 14-6 - Dayton Dragons
- Floethe, Hot Rods blank Lugnuts, 3-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rea Leads TinCaps to 5-0 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Epic Eighth Inning Elevates Captains to the Win - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Reds Bill Bray Scheduled to Pitch for Dragons Saturday, Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 9-14 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Gameday for June 8 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps, Minor League Baseball See Attendance Increases - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappy D. Turtle Makes Elite 8 in MiLB Mascot Mania - Beloit Snappers
- Lou E. Loon Advances to the Elite 8 - Great Lakes Loons
- Peoria blanks Kernels, 2-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.