Omaha Hangs on to Beat Memphis, 5-4June 5, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Sean O'Sullivan (5-4) was credited with the win after 3.1 innings of work in relief of starter Mike Montgomery. Ramon Colon pitched a scoreless ninth inning to earn his fifth save of the season.
Memphis (21-38) jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the third but the Storm Chasers (35-25) responded in the home half of the third when Irving Falu singled and Myers followed, two batters later, with his two-run jack.
The Redbirds tacked on two more runs in the fifth on a sacrifice fly and an RBI double. However, Omaha answered quickly with two of their own in the bottom of the fifth on a two-run shot by Seratelli.
Both offenses stalled until the bottom of the eighth when Bourgeois homered to left on a 1-2 pitch to score the go-ahead run for the Storm Chasers.
Omaha will have the day off on Wednesday and will welcome the Round Rock Express, the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, on Thursday at 7:05 p.m. Thursday's game is a Thirsty Thursday â¢ contest thanks to our friends at Icon Medical Research. Fans will be able to get Bud Light draws, Busch Light cans and Pepsi products for just $1.00. The game against the Express can be heard locally on 1180 AM The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 5, 2012
- Aces Knock-Off Las Vegas, 8-1 - Reno Aces
- Former I-Cub Snyder Hits Walk-Off for RedHawks - Iowa Cubs
- Tucson Uses Nine-Run Fourth to Down Sox 9-5 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Huge Fourth Lifts Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Isotopes Snag Series Split 2-0 Behind Ely Gem - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Snyder's Walk-Off Keeps Streak Alive - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Express Blanked by Albuquerque 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Rogers Tosses Gem as Sounds Blank Z's, 1-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Silenced in the Music City - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Godfrey's Mastery Gives Cats 8-1 Win, Series Victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Shut Down By Sacramento, 8-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Hangs on to Beat Memphis, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Albuquerque Isotopes - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: June 5, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Midsouth Chevy Dealers Provide Free Youth Baseball Instructional Clinics - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks to Make Run at Team History Tonight - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Omaha Storm Chasers to Host Round Rock from June 7 - 10 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Rolled By River Cats, 13-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Eight-Run Inning Lifts Cats to 13-4 Win over Tacoma - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.