Jarvis' Complete Game Ends Wingnuts StreakJune 4, 2012 - American Association (AA) Wichita Wingnuts
Sioux City starter Jason Jarvis pitched a complete game five-hitter on three days of the rest for the win. Jarvis allowed one unearned run, walked one and struck out seven.
Sioux City broke a 1-1 tie in the top of the third to take the lead for good. Yusuke Inoguchi doubled to left-center field with one out, and scored one batter later when Wally Backman Jr. lined a single to center field. Inoguchi was 5 for 5 in the game, while Backman had two RBI.
Starter Ben Graham kept the Wingnuts in the game into the seventh. Graham held Sioux City to two earned runs in six and one-third innings, walking one and striking out two in the loss.
Nick Walters retired both batters to face him to help Graham through top of the seventh.
Sioux City scored three unearned runs in the top of the eighth to open a 5-1 lead. With first and second and two outs, Brian Bistagne struck out before reaching base on a wide throw to first from Taylor Freeman. Brandon Newton then worked out a walk on a close 3-2 pitch to force home Sioux City's third run. Inoguchi's fifth hit of the game, an infield single to shortstop, helped push across two more runs.
Robert Roth worked a scoreless ninth for the Wingnuts.
Inoguchi tripled with one out in the first and scored the game's first run on Backman's RBI single to left. The Wingnuts briefly tied the game on a David Peralta fielder's choice in the bottom of the second.
C.J. Ziegler singled in the second inning to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. Ryan Khoury reached base three times and has now reached base in 12 straight contests.
The series continues Tuesday night at 7:05 p.m. Josh Lowey takes on Sioux City left-hander Alain Quijano. Individual tickets can be purchased by calling (316) 755-SEAT, or by visiting www.selectaseat.com
For season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts' main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts' official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
American Association Stories from June 4, 2012
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks Comeback bid Falls Short, Lose 4-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Pheasants Win Third in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Squander Three Leads in Lincoln - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Kansas City Hangs on in 9th, Wins Opener at Fargo - Kansas City T-Bones
- Home Comforts Suit AirHogs vs. Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Good Pitching Grounds the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Pheasants Down RailCats 6-2 in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Fall In Series Opener To Amarillo - El Paso Diablos
- Jarvis' Complete Game Ends Wingnuts Streak - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Game Rained out in New Jersey, DH Tomorrow - St. Paul Saints
- Walker Awarded Pitcher of the Week Honours - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Tim Alberts named Batter of the Week - Amarillo Sox
- Voting Open for Top Sioux Falls Catcher - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.