RiverHawks Shut Down in FinaleJune 3, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
The Rippers were able to get on the board early with two runs in the first inning as Rockford starter Kevin Patterson (0-2) allowed four straight two-out walks and a wild pitch to give the visitors a 2-0 lead. The Rippers were able to score five more in the second inning, highlighted by a three-run homer by Tony Delmonico.
Patterson would not make it out of the second inning, allowing six runs, four earned, on two hits and five walks in 1 1/3 innings.
The Rippers would get another in the third off reliever Jordan Stern on an RBI single by Joash Brodin, who finished the game 3-for-4 with two RBI to raise his batting average to .379. They would add another in the fourth off Stern on a homer by Zach Larson and would put two more on the board in the fifth.
The RiverHawks would get on the board in the seventh inning, scoring an unearned run off Gonzalez on a fielder's choice and throwing error by Delmonico. London's David Christensen would add a solo homer to extend the lead to 12-1.
Javier Herrera would go 2-for-4 to extend his hit streak to 10 games and raise his average to .375 on the season. Evan Button went 2-for-4 to raise his average to .326.
The RiverHawks are off tomorrow, but they hit the road to face the Traverse City Beach Bums starting Tuesday. The RiverHawks will send lefty Kasey Kiker (0-0, 9.00 ERA) to make his second start in a RiverHawks uniform. Traverse City has not announced a starter. First pitch is slated for 6:05 CDT.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league in its 20th season. Games are broadcast on NTA-FM (100.5). Advertising and ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
Frontier League Stories from June 3, 2012
- Evansville Holds on in 16-11 Slugfest at River City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Give up 16; Comeback Falls Short - River City Rascals
- Florence Tops CornBelters in 10 - Normal CornBelters
- Miners Sweep Schaumburg - Southern Illinois Miners
- Despite Season High 14 Hits Boomers Swept in Southern Illinois - Schaumburg Boomers
- Grizzlies Drop Home Series to Beach Bums - Gateway Grizzlies
- Crushers leave 11 on base as Windy City takes Rubber Match, 7-4 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Beach Bums Power Past Grizzlies to Close out Road Trip - Traverse City Beach Bums
- RiverHawks Shut Down in Finale - Rockford RiverHawks
- ThunderBolts Host IHSA Super-Sectional Doubleheader on Monday - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rippers Win First Series in Blowout - London Rippers
- Washington Slams Door on Joliet, Wins 13-5 - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Drop Series Finale 13-5 - Joliet Slammers
- June 3 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.