Dayton Dragons Homestand PreviewMay 17, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Saturday, May 19 - Dayton Dragons vs. Great Lakes Loons (Los Angeles Dodgers), 7:00 PM
Sunday, May 20 - Dayton Dayton Dragons vs. Great Lakes Loons, 2:00 PM
Monday, May 21 - Dayton Dragons vs. Great Lakes Loons, 7:00 PM
All games broadcast on WONE 980 AM and streamed via the Dragons website at www.daytondragons.com.
Dragons On TV
The game on Thursday Saturday will be televised on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2. It is available on Time Warner Basic Cable Channel 23 and Digital Channel 372.
National Baseball Hall-of-Fame writer Hal McCoy joins Tom Nichols for the television broadcast on Saturday
For Your Entertainment
Saturday, May 19
National Anthem performed by Senior Airman Cassandra Pittman, from the 178th Fighter Wing Air National Guard (Springfield, Ohio)
Hometown Heroes Celebration Night: In conjunction with the Dayton Development Coalition, the Dragons will pay tribute to the service men and women of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and the Springfield Air National Guard Base. Pittman will also perform God Bless America.. It is the first of two planned Hometown Heroes Celebration Nights.
Kroger Baseball Buddies
Sunday, May 20
National Anthem performed by Cline Elementary Choir (Centerville, Ohio)
Great Clips on the Plaza before the game will be cutting and spray painting hair for fans to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network
Kroger Baseball Buddies
Monday, May 21
National Anthem performed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Choir (Dayton, Ohio)
Dragons On The Field
Pitcher Jacob Johnson returns to the Dragons after missing all of the 2011 season after recovering from shoulder surgery. Johnson pitched with Dayton in 2010, registering an 8-7 record and a 4.47 ERA in 25 starts. He was an 11th round draft pick of the Reds in the 2009 MLB Draft out of Trinity Christian Academy (Lake Worth, Fla.). He is scheduled to start Thursday night's ballgame against the Hot Rods in Bowling Green.
Though some of the names have changed, the Dragons pitching staff is building on last year's solid performance. The Dragons bullpen continues to throw well, even after logging almost six innings per game over the last nine days. Entering play on Thursday, four relief pitchers have earned run averages under 2.10 (Kyle McMyne, 1.27; Carlos Contreras, 1.89; Ryan Kemp, 2.08; and El'Hajj Muhammad, 2.08).
Former major leaguer Delino DeShields is in his second season as manager for Dayton in 2012. He enters his fourth season in the Reds organization, having served as the manager of the Billings Mustangs in 2010 and as the hitting coach in Billings in 2009. Cincinnati Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning joins the staff as the pitching coach, and Alex Pelaez begins his second year as the team's hitting coach.
Midwest League Stories from May 17, 2012
- Loons Washed over by Whitecaps, 6-3 - Great Lakes Loons
- Missed Opportunities Doom Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Workman's walk-off wins it for Kernels, 7-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Sale's Homer Too Much for Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Winning Streak Ends in 5-1 Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sale, Strong Relief Send Hot Rods to Fourth Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees sting Rattlers with 7 two-out runs in 8-3 win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Francescon Deals Chiefs to Another Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Fall in Extras to Kernels - Kane County Cougars
- DeSclafani, Syndergaard shine in 5-1 Lugs win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Activate Jacob Johnson for Tonight's Game - Dayton Dragons
- River Bandits Drop Fourth Straight in 7-3 Loss at Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Koch Does It Again: Snappers Win 7-3 - Beloit Snappers
- Hal McCoy to Appear on Dragons TV Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Green, Hawks Outduel Captains to Even Series - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains Drop Pitcher's Duel 2-1 - Lake County Captains
- Bees Still Looking for Weiner Dog Race Participants - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Gameday for May 17 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.