Cougars Complete Sweep with Walk-OffMay 11, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Kane County Cougars
Calixte's homer was his second game-winning blow in as many nights. His grand slam in the eighth inning on Thursday night also pushed the Cougars (18-17) to a win. Kane County trailed, 7-5, entering the bottom of the ninth when Danny Mateo singled to start the frame. Mateo scored on a three-bagger by Jorge Bonifacio. Trevor Miller exited in favor of Steven Kohlscheen (1-1), who allowed a game-tying sac fly to Lane Adams.
Matt Ridings (2-1) worked a perfect top of the ninth to keep the Cougars within two. Clinton (12-22) led throughout the contest after scoring four times in the third against Aaron Brooks and three in the seventh off Malcolm Culver. Brooks started and surrendered nine hits in six frames while punching out three. Only one of the runs he allowed was earned.
Michael Antonio knocked in four runs for the Cougars. He singled the Cougars to a 1-0 advantage in the bottom of the first. He also singled home Bonifacio in the third before a two-run double in the seventh made it a 7-5 LumberKings lead.
The Cougars are at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark on Saturday night when they play the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in the opener of a four-game series at 6:30. For tickets, please call (630) 232-8811 or visit www.kccougars.com. Left-hander Scott Alexander (2-2) starts for the Cougars against righty Matt Miller (2-3). You can listen to the broadcast on AM 1280 WBIG and www.kccougars.com, beginning with Cougars on Deck at 6:15 p.m.
Midwest League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Bees Crush Four Homers in 12-8 Win over Kernels - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits Fall 5-4 in Series Finale with Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Complete Sweep with Walk-Off - Kane County Cougars
- Hawks Nip TinCaps for 3-2 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods double up Lansing - Lansing Lugnuts
- Glaesmann's Five Hits Help Hot Rods Avoid Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers go long to beat Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Montilla Plays Long Ball in Series-Clinching Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains Drop Finale to Dragons 5-4 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Lose Lead, But Score Late to Win 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps Rally for Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Update on Jace Peterson - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Tyler Ybarra Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps TV Show Premieres May 21st - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- RHP Joe Ross Heads to DL - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Win 6-2 Friday, Hoilman Hit Streak to 24 - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Players and Mascot to Visit Greene County Schools Next Week - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for May 11 - Dayton Dragons
- Gaviglio, Bandits Top Wisconsin, Halt Losing Streak - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.