Lake County Arms Hold Dragons DownMay 10, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
The Dragons had plenty of opportunities at the plate in the game, collecting hits in each of the first six innings. They had base runners in every inning except the ninth, but they went a combined 1 for 18 with runners on base and 0 for 9 with men in scoring position.
After Lake County pushed across one run in the bottom of the first inning, the Dragons tied the game in the second when Juan Silva walked, went to third on a single by Kyle Waldrop, and scored on Nick O'Shea's ground out to make it 1-1. But Lake County's Alex Lavisky drilled a solo home run to left field in the second as the Captains regained the lead and closed out the scoring.
Dragons starting pitcher Tanner Robles pitched well but suffered the loss to fall to 2-2 on the year. He worked six innings, allowing four hits and two runs with one walk and four strikeouts. Carlos Contreras pitched a scoreless seventh inning for the Dragons. Mike Dennhardt, making his professional debut out of Boston College, pitched a perfect eighth inning for Dayton.
The Dragons finished with six hits by six different players. Juan Perez, Junior Arias, and Ryan Wright each had a double. Steve Selsky was 1 for 4 to extend his hitting streak to five straight games. Selsky has hit safely in 10 of his last 11.
The Dragons (13-21) meet the Captains in the series finale on Friday at 6:30 p.m. (WONE 980 AM Radio). Stalin Gerson (1-3, 5.40) will start for Dayton against Lake County's Shawn Morimando (0-0, 4.50). The next home game is Saturday, May 12 against the Lansing Lugnuts.
Midwest League Stories from May 10, 2012
- Chiefs Lose 6-5 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits blast two homers to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Fort Wayne Loses 3-2 to South Bend - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts romp, 13-5, over Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- Calixte Slams Cougars to Victory - Kane County Cougars
- Goeddel Doubles Home Two in Defeat - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Inciarte Delivers Again, Hawks Down TinCaps - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lake County Arms Hold Dragons Down - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Win Pitcher's Duel 2-1 - Lake County Captains
- Lansing Lugnuts Announce Roster Moves - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Win Again - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels fall to Burlington, 8-6 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Move Precedes Tonight's Game - Kane County Cougars
- Bees Beat Kernels in Front of Big Crowd, 8-6 - Burlington Bees
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to Let Fans Run the Show on June 25 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Rivero Named Rays April Pitcher of the Month - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for May 10 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.