Toledo Mud Hens, Fifth Third Bank Help Local Food BankMay 10, 2012 - International League (IL) Toledo Mud Hens
Fifth Third Bank (northwest Ohio) and the Toledo Mud Hens held a food drive at home games May 3-6, as part of the National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp out Hunger Program. Together, the organizations, with the generous support of community members, raised more than $1000, collected 691 pounds of food which will provide more than 5600 meals.
The NALC Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive will officially be held on Saturday, May 12, 2012. Letter Carriers are asking every home to leave non-perishable food items near their mailbox prior to their mail delivery that day. Now in its 20th year, the Stamp Out Hunger effort is the nation's largest single-day food drive. In 2011, drive organizers across the country collected more than 70 million pounds of total food donations for the eighth consecutive year.
International League Stories from May 10, 2012
- Knights Drop Finale to Toledo 2-0 on Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Use Long Ball to Take Series - Syracuse Chiefs
- Yankees Win Third Straight Game with 4-3 10 Inning Victory - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Toledo Mud Hens, Fifth Third Bank Help Local Food Bank - Toledo Mud Hens
- Gomez Rescues PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Gartrell's Walk-off Homer Lifts G-Braves in 10th - Gwinnett Braves
- IronPigs Salvage Series with 5-1 Win over Indians - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Thursday, May 10 at Pawtucket - Rochester Red Wings
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Gwinnett - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Walk-Off with 6-5 Win in Wednesday's Night-Cap - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.