Legends Open Four-Game Homestand ThursdayMay 8, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Lexington Legends
Reserved seats for Saturday night's game are sold out, but some bleacher and lawn tickets remain.
Paid attendance for Legends games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in April was up 22.8% from April 2011.
"We're coming off an incredible April, and we look to continue that trend in May starting with a weekend we've long had circled on our calendars," said Legends General Manager Seth Poteat. "It seems the fans have too, as we are nearly sold out for Saturday's game featuring Birdzerk! and Ford Fireworks. But don't worry if you're not fortunate enough to have seats for Saturday. Fans, and their dogs, can still come out for our first Bark in the Park event of the season on Thursday and our first Faith and Family Night of the season on Friday, featuring a post-game concert by The Afters. As always, there is something for everyone this weekend at Whitaker Bank Ballpark."
Thursday, May 10: Legends vs. Hagerstown, 7:05 p.m. Thursday night is Bark in the Park Night, and fans are invited to bring their dogs to Whitaker Bank Ballpark. There is an admission price of two dollars for each dog, with proceeds going to the Paris Animal Welfare Society (PAWS). Note: Dogs are only allowed in the General Admission areas -- lawn and bleachers. Fans bringing dogs need not purchase seats in the seating bowl.
Thursday night is also a Thirsty Thursday, presented by Urban Active. Beer and Pepsi products will sell for one dollar each.
Friday, May 11: Legends vs. Hagerstown, 7:05 p.m. Friday is Faith and Family Night, presented by Asbury University. National recording artists The Afters will present a post-game concert. The Afters have had two #1 singles on the Billboard Christian radio charts in the last year. The concert is included in the price of a game ticket.
Saturday, May 12: Legends vs. Hagerstown, 7:05 p.m. Birdzerk!, billed as "America's Ballpark Prankster," will bring his unique brand of entertainment to the ballpark Saturday night. Birdzerk! has made hundreds of appearances at ballparks and arenas around the world, and is known for routines involving players, coaches and umpires. A Ford Fireworks show will follow the game. Saturday night is also Nurses Night. Reserved seats are sold out for Saturday night, but some bleacher and lawn tickets remain.
Sunday, May 13: Legends vs. Hagerstown, 1:35 p.m. Sunday is Mother's Day, and the Legends are teaming up with Mary Kay Cosmetics and the Mary Kay Foundation for a special Mother's Day celebration. "Pampering sessions" around the ballpark, lunch and Mary Kay goodie bags are available as part of a $39 package for moms. Special discounted packages for dads and kids are also available. Packages can be purchased online at mothersdayatthepark.com or by calling 859-422-7846.
Participating moms will have the chance to win more than $500 in door prizes from Mary Kay and possibly throw a ceremonial first pitch. A special all-you-can-eat lunch buffet will be served with free refills on drinks for the entire game. Places are limited. A portion of all ticket proceeds will go to the Mary Kay Foundation benefiting battered women and children.
Every Sunday home game is a JIF Kids Club Sunday. Kids Club members receive special benefits such as t-shirts, discounts at the Legends Clubhouse store and many more. More information is available at lexingtonlegends.com. All kids may run the bases after each Sunday home game.
For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit www.lexingtonlegends.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 8, 2012
- Tough 8-7 Loss Is Sour End to Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Gnats Boil Claws in 6-1 Win Tuesday - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Shorebirds Win Thriller over RiverDogs, 8-7 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- BlueClaws Drop Final Game of Roadtrip 6-1 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Legends Hold off Tourists 2-1 - Lexington Legends
- Crawdads Rained out in Kannapolis on Tuesday Night - Hickory Crawdads
- Intimidators, Crawdads Rained Out - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Former Wildcat Meyer Goes against Legends' Tropeano Friday - Lexington Legends
- Legends Open Four-Game Homestand Thursday - Lexington Legends
- Trio Combines for First 9-Inning No-Hitter in Drive History - Greenville Drive
- RHP Jarret Miller Activated from DL - Rome Braves
- Three 'Dads Win Rangers Monthly Awards - Hickory Crawdads
- Sand Gnats to Host Fundraiser for Children of Otis Brock III - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Suns Downed by GreenJackets in Rain Shortened Game, 8-1 - Hagerstown Suns
- GreenJackets Earn Split With Rain-Shortened Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Mayor Joe Riley, Bill Murray Selected for SAL Hall of Fame - Charleston RiverDogs
- Captains Inaugural Beer Festival June 9 - SAL
- Carolyn McKee Named to South Atlantic League Hall of Fame - Asheville Tourists
- Budweiser Clydesdales Appearing in Kannapolis Today Only from 4-7pm Before Intimidators Game - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Dylan Bundy Named Minor League Pitcher of Month - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Suns Announce Benefit Game to Support the Mitchell Akers Leopard Spirit Memorial Scholarship Fund - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.