Captains Partner with Chevy Network & Classic ChevroletMay 8, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lake County Captains
Individuals 18 and over will receive a complimentary entry form upon entry to Classic Park during home games on June 1, June 2 and June 3 for the first Chevy Cruze giveaway on June 3. Fans will receive one entry form for each game they attend, meaning if a fan attends all three games, they will receive three entry forms that can be filled out to enter into the sweepstakes. Individuals over the age of 18 will receive an entry form to complete for themselves if any individuals in their group are under the age of 18 who attend the designated Captains games in person, so a family of four with two children under age 18 will receive four entry forms to be completed by one of the adults.
On June 3, all entry forms must be deposited by fans through the windows of the Chevy Cruze on display at Classic Park to be eligible to win. A lucky entry will be drawn at the conclusion of that day's game. Fans must be in attendance at the June 3 game to submit their entry form for a chance to win.
The same promotion will be repeated during the Captains home games on June 29, June 30 and July 1, with the second Chevy Cruze twenty-four (24) month lease giveaway taking place at the conclusion of the Captains baseball game on July 1.
"We are proud to partner with the Classic Auto Group on this great promotion that is sure to be a highlight in the heart of our tenth anniversary season", said Captains General Manager Brad Seymour. "This is certainly one of the largest giveaways the Captains have ever hosted at Classic Park and it should be a wonderful way to continue the excitement of our anniversary."
The Lordstown, Ohio-manufactured Chevy Cruze was recently named the "Best Compact Car for the Money" by U.S. News & World Report, and has been one of the hottest selling vehicles since its debut. The Cruze also received the coveted 2012 "Top Safety Pick" rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The vehicle has been praised for its great fuel economy, roomy cabin and upscale feel for the price.
The vehicle that will be given away on June 3 will be on display in the concourse of Classic Park beginning this Wednesday, May 9 and for the duration of the giveaway period. Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States 18 and older. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. For a copy of the Official Rules go to www.CaptainsBaseball.com.
Midwest League Stories from May 8, 2012
- TinCaps Split Twinbill with Dragons - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Drop Finale with Chiefs, 7-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hoilman Ties Chiefs Hit Streak Record in 7-2 Tuesday Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Sano Blasts Tenth Homer, But Snappers Fall 4-3 - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Win Game One of Doubleheader In 16 Innings - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Clip Snappers for Series Split - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels avoid sweep with 5-4 win over Wisconsin - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Go Back-To-Back in Win over Clinton, 7-0 - Burlington Bees
- Kernels end Rattlers win streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Begin Seven-Game Home Stand Wednesday With a 100th Birthday Bash - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps trip Lugs late, earn series split - Lansing Lugnuts
- Vettleson Has Big Day, Hot Rods Lose Late Lead - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains to Host a 100th Birthday Party for Emily Serian - Lake County Captains
- Lake County Splits Four Game Set with Bowling Green, Wins 4-3 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Gameday for May 8 - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Partner with Chevy Network & Classic Chevrolet - Lake County Captains
- Torres Activated to Hot Rods Roster - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels swept by Wisconsin, 2-0 and 3-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Drop Game 3 at Clinton, 5-2 - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.