Back-To-Back Homers Propel Snappers to 5-3 Win over Kane CountyMay 6, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
The Snappers tacked on another two runs in the bottom of the seventh. Rhodes had an RBI single, scoring Jhon Goncalves and Grimes scored on a throwing error by Cougars' catcher, Edul Escobar.
The Cougars didn't score a single run until the top of the eighth when Henry Moreno doubled scoring Lane Adams and Orlando Calixte. The Snappers still led 4-2 to end the inning.
Beloit kept the momentum going when Adam Bryant ripped a leadoff triple off of Robinson Yambati to start the bottom of the eighth. Bryant later scored on a sac fly by Miguel Sano, his league leading 29th RBI of the season.
Snappers starter, Jason Wheeler picked up his fourth win of the season pitching six innings, allowing five hits and no runs, while striking out four.
The Cougars tried to mount a comeback in the top of the ninth, with a leadoff double by Runey Davis and single by Jorge Bonifaco scoring Davis, but it wasn't enough to pull out a win. Snappers' relief pitcher, Michael Tonkin, closed out the game pitching one inning, allowing two hits and one run. Tonkin struck out three, and picked up his first save of the season.
The Snappers evened out the series 1-1 with a 5-3 win over the Cougars. The Snappers play game three of the four game series Monday night at 6:30 PM. Pitching match- up for Monday is Snappers righty, Matt Summers vs. Cougars lefty Scott Alexander. Tomorrow is Monster Deal Monday - 2 GA tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 sodas, 2 popcorns and 2 adjustable home or retro hats...all for just $22! That's a savings of over $40 thanks to WJVL and WCLO! 12 oz drafts of Miller products are just $1.50 courtesy of Ott Schweitzer Distributing.
Midwest League Stories from May 6, 2012
- Walsh Homers Twice in River Bandits' 9-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Shut out Clinton, 2-0 - Burlington Bees
- Bees Return Favor of Shutout - Clinton LumberKings
- Back-To-Back Homers Propel Snappers to 5-3 Win over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Malm Homers But Hot Rods Fall to Captains - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Comeback and Win in Kentucky, 6-2 - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Lose 9-2 Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Hold off Cougars, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Hebner, Homers Lead Way in 11-1 TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts rally to 4-3 win over Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- Fort Wayne Batters Dragons 11-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels and Timber Rattlers Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Timber Rattlers and Kernels Rained out on Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cairo Completes Assignment with Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Former TinCaps Pitcher Mikolas Makes MLB Debut - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.