Twelfth Inning Rally Gives Braves a VictoryApril 29, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Rome Braves
Kannapolis would be the first to score on a third inning RBI single by Rangel Ravelo to take a 1-0 lead. They would add another run in the fourth on a sacrifice fly by Dusty Harvard for the 2-0 advantage. The Braves would take the lead in the bottom of the sixth inning on a two RBI double by Felix Marte and a two run single by Tony Mueller making it a 4-2 score.
Rome's lead would vanish in the eighth inning when Mark Haddow singled and moved to second on a single by David Herbek. Michael Johnson's sacrifice bunt ended on a Braves throwing error allowing Haddow to score and advancing runners to second and third. Collin Kuhn then grounded out to plate Herbek to tie to the game. The Intimidators then took a 5-4 lead when Harvard reached base on a fielders choice to score Johnson.
Rome bounced back to tie the game in the eighth on an RBI groundout by Marte sending the game to extra innings.
Both teams went quietly until the bottom of the 12th inning. After one out, Edison Sanchez singled and later moved to second on an infield hit by Brandon Drury. Jakob Dalfonso would strike out for the second out of the inning setting the stage for Fernando De Los Santos' game-winning line drive single bringing Sanchez across the plate for the victory.
LHP Cole Rohrbough (1-0) gets the win for the Braves. He allowed one hit and recorded two strikeouts in two innings. Kannapolis's RHP Daniel Webb (0-4) would record the loss.
The Braves face the Kannapolis Intimidators again Sunday afternoon at 2PM. Sunday is Family Fun Fest where fans can get four hotdogs, four soft drinks, four popcorns and four tickets for just $30. For ticket information, contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or log onto www.romebraves.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 29, 2012
- Crawdads Cruise to 12-3 Win against RiverDogs - Hickory Crawdads
- RiverDogs Beaten Despite Fast Start - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Knock off Shorebirds Twice on Sunday - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Grasshoppers Score Early, Hold off Power - West Virginia Power
- Suns Blanked 2-0 by GreenJackets - Hagerstown Suns
- Jackets Win Matinee Pitchers' Duel 2-0 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Late Rally by Rome Falls Short - Rome Braves
- Sixth Inning Dooms Drive in 7-3 Loss - Greenville Drive
- Savannah Takes 9-3 Win over Lexington - Lexington Legends
- Big Inning Brings 'Claws Back for 7-3 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Shorebirds Game Notes vs. Asheville - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Begin May with a Seven-Game Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Twelfth Inning Rally Gives Braves a Victory - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.