DéjÃ vu" Lugs blank Hawks, 3-0, againApril 17, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lansing Lugnuts
The Lugnuts pitching staff has not allowed a run in 20 consecutive innings and retired the final 14 batters they faced on Tuesday.
In the two games against South Bend, Lugnuts pitchers have thrown 18 innings, allowing ten hits, one walk and no runs while recording a remarkable 29 strikeouts.
Starter Rollins struck out a career-high seven batters in 4 1/3 innings before departing. Brandon Berl (Win, 2-0) came on to retire all five hitters he faced between the fifth and sixth innings, and Tyler Ybarra (Save, 1) secured the win with three perfect innings of his own.
Lansing scored a pair of unearned runs in the second when Kellen Sweeney's two-out bouncer hopped off the glove of South Bend first baseman Bobby Stone.
K.C. Hobson closed out the scoring with a sacrifice fly in the third against Silver Hawks starter Jeffrey Shields (Loss, 0-2), who tied a career-high by throwing seven innings while allowing just six hits and walking only one in the hard-luck defeat.
Kenny Wilson broke out of a slump with two singles in four at-bats, and Lansing stole two more bases to bring its Midwest League-leading total to 30.
The Lugnuts send Marcus Walden (0-0, 4.66) to the mound for the finale of a three-game series against the Silver Hawks, opposed by John Pedrotty (0-0, 4.35). Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. on a "Ladies Night" Wednesday evening at Cooley Law School Stadium. Tickets are available for purchase at www.lansinglugnuts.com, at the stadium box office, and by calling 517-485-4500.
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2012
- Bees Split Doubleheader with Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- Aces Wild at Modern Woodmen Park in 2-1 Bandits Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Gagnon & Harvey combine on shutout for Rattlers win in game two - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Sano Rips Homer #5 in Game One of Today's Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Rally Past Kernels for Third Straight Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Hawks Stymied by Lugnuts, Fall 3-0 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- TinCaps Win 4-1, Snap Four-Game Skid - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Split a Pair in Beloit - Kane County Cougars
- Winning Streak Halted as Hot Rods Blanked - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Fall 4-1; Trip Will Conclude Wednesday at 11:05 - Dayton Dragons
- DÃ©jÃ vu" Lugs blank Hawks, 3-0, again - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Skid Hits Eight in a Row - Lake County Captains
- Bees take game one of twinbill - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Torres Added to Roster, Carter to Disabled List - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons on TV Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: April 19-24 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for April 17 - Dayton Dragons
- Davis Joins Cougars; Active for Today's Doubleheader - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs win 6-2 over Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Rally in Ninth - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.