Two Big Innings Propel BlueClaws 14-4April 14, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Lakewood BlueClaws
Every BlueClaw scored in the game, with Brian Pointer leading the way with three runs scored. Maikel Franco finished 3-for-5 with a double and homerun and 3 RBI as he continues to bounce back from a 2-for-13 slump. Gauntlett Eldemire scored twice and stole two more bases to extend his league-leading number to eight on the season.
Starting pitcher Colin Kleven recorded his first victory of the season. He allowed three runs in six innings, but all of the runs were unearned to drop his ERA to 2.45 on the season.
With the win, the BlueClaws have won two games in a series for the first time this season and have assured themselves at least a split against the Suns.
The BlueClaws and Suns will complete their four-game series Sunday afternoon at FirstEnergy Park. The BlueClaws' Lino Martinez (1-0, 3.38 ERA) and Hagerstown's Wirkin Estevez (1-0, 10.00 ERA) in the final game between these two teams before the BlueClaws host Greensboro for three games to begin next week.Gates for Saturday's game open at 12:00 p.m. with the first pitch scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 14, 2012
- Power beat Greenville Drive - West Virginia Power
- Braves Fall to Charleston 8-5 - Rome Braves
- RiverDogs Drop Rome 8-5 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Pitching Keys Shorebirds' 4-0 Win Over Grasshoppers - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Large Crowd Sees Jackets Drop Second Straight - Augusta GreenJackets
- Kannapolis Tops Lexington, 3-1 - Lexington Legends
- Kannapolis Tops Legends, 3-1 - Lexington Legends
- Tourists Blast Past Crawdads 11-3 - Asheville Tourists
- Tourists Top 'Dads on Saturday Evening - Hickory Crawdads
- Big Innings Boost Blue Claws Over Suns - Hagerstown Suns
- Two Big Innings Propel BlueClaws 14-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Dylan Bundy to Make First Home Start on Tuesday - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Shorebirds Game Notes - Delmarva Shorebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.