Chiefs Fall 5-2 FridayApril 13, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Peoria Chiefs
Wisconsin grabbed an early lead against Jose Rosario in the bottom of the first inning Chad Stang doubled to center and moved to third on a sacrifice bunt. Jason Rogers drove home a run in the first inning for the second straight night as his groundout to shortstop scored Stang for a 1-0 Rattlers lead.
The Chiefs tied the game in the top of the fourth against Rattlers starter Mark Williams. With two outs Eduardo Gonzalez singled to right and he came around to score on a double to center by Marco Hernandez. Hernandez was out at third base on a grounder off the bat of Brad Zapenas to end the inning with the game tied 1-1.
Wisconsin regained the lead in the bottom of the fourth against Rosario. Ben McMahan started the frame with a double and he moved to third on a double by Tyler Roberts. Carlos George singled home McMahan for a 2-1 Wisconsin lead. After George stole second, John Dishon singled home a pair to give the hosts a 4-1 lead.
The Chiefs inched closer in the sixth inning when Hernandez hit his first homer of the season, a solo shot to left, off reliever Kevin Shackelford. But the Rattlers added an insurance run in the eighth and the Chiefs left two runners on base in the ninth to drop their second game in a row.
Rosario (1-1) allowed four runs on seven hits over five innings. The right-hander struck out two and walked two. Bryce Shafer allowed one run on two hits over two innings with one walk and two strikeouts. Jeff Lorick threw one perfect inning with a strikeout.
Casey's General Store Player of the Game - Marco Hernandez (SS) - Hernandez moved to seventh in the order and broke out with a 2-for-3 night that included a walk. He doubled, homered, drove in both Chiefs runs and stole a base.
Midwest League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Bees Close to Second Comeback - Burlington Bees
- Kernels' rally falls short in 6-5 loss to Quad Cities - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Rally in Ninth to Even Series - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons' 9th Inning Rally Leads to 6-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Win Slugfest Over Bees - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Walk-Off with 5-4 Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Wisconsin wins - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Castillo, Bandits Strong Enough to Get by Kernels - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps deal Lugnuts first loss, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Late Loons Offensive Downs TinCaps 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Markel's Mastery, First-Inning Runs Enough - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Lose 2-1 - Lake County Captains
- Opening Weekend of High School Games at Fifth Third - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Let Fans Save Coin for Cans During this Homestand - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Palm Trees to be Planted Monday Morning - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Gameday for April 13 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.