Condors Vs. Utah TonightMarch 14, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
Time: Doors open at 6 p.m., puck drops at 7 p.m.
Place: Mercy & Memorial Hospitals Home Ice at Rabobank Arena
Radio: Fox Sports 970, www.foxsports970am.com, iheartradio app
Webcast: America One, www.americaone.com
The Bakersfield Condors host the Utah Grizzlies tonight for the first of two meetings this week at Rabobank Arena. It's the first of four meetings here in Condorstown over the next 18 days. The Grizzlies are attempting to put some distance between them, the 7th place Idaho Steelheads and the 8th place Condors. Their magic number to clinch a playoff position is five points.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
The Condors went 2-2-0-1 over a five-game road trip, which consumed 12 days to start the month of March. Bakersfield failed to gain ground in the playoff hunt on Idaho, going 1-1-0-1 in a three-game series in Boise. They rallied from four separate deficits on Saturday in Idaho to take a 6-5 shootout victory to cap off the road trip.
The Grizzlies have won three straight games. Utah has nine games remaining, including tonight, with only two home games during that stretch, but sit only four points behind Stockton for fifth place in the Western Conference.
The Condors have a four-game regulation unbeaten streak (3-0-0-1) on home ice... Bakersfield has surrendered only six total power plays in the last four games. That includes last Wednesday night, in which the Condors didn't take a single penalty - a feat last accomplished by the Condors in March, 2002... The Condors have scored five extra-attacker goals this season (when the Condors have pulled the goaltender for an extra skater in the final minutes of a game).
F Jesse Gimblett was activated from injured reserve last Friday... RW Scott Freeman is on the 7-IR... D Keith Wynn (21-IR) and F Evan Trupp (3-IR) remain on injured reserve, though they are eligible to be activated.
Individual tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena box office by calling 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m - 4 p.m. on Saturday with extended hours on game days. For more information on ticket packages, exciting promotions, and to sign up for the Kids Club for just $10, visit the online home of the Condors, www.bakersfieldcondors.com.
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2012
- Grizzlies Beat Bakersfield 3-2; Win 4th-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally Past Thunder, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Invade Colorado with 4-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Aces Continue Defensive Dominance Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Express Power Past Nailers for 3-1 Win - Chicago Express
- Royals Flounder Against Florida, 8-3 - Reading Royals
- Child Nets First Professional Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Continue Offensive Woes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brandt Leads the Gladiators to 7th Straight Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Toledo Beats Kalamazoo 3-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Fall in Gwinnett, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Syvret Returns from Portland - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Utah Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach McKelvie Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Jackals Playoff Ticket Information Released - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Wheeling Tonight - Chicago Express
- Eagles Sign Amateur Defenseman Isaac Smeltzer - Colorado Eagles
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Eagles Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Friday, March 23 - Colorado Eagles
- Penguins Assign Samuelsson to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Add Game Plan Holder to the Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - March 14 - ECHL
- Reign Lose First in Steelhead Series, 3-2 - Ontario Reign
- Steelheads Hold on for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.