Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit the 15-40 ConnectionJanuary 13, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Worcester Sharks
The Sharks sported the game worn and issued jerseys during the Sharks 5-2 loss to the Providence Bruins on January 7, 2011 on "Check Yourself. Beat Cancer" Night presented by Columbia Tech to benefit the 15-40 Connection.
Proceeds of the online jersey auction will benefit the 15-40 Connection. (The 15-40 Connection is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization)
The online jersey and stick auction to benefit the 15-40 Connection, which begins on Sunday, January 15 at 8p.m. (EST) and concludes on Sunday, January 22 at 8p.m. (EST), will consist of the following jerseys and stick;
#7 John McCarthy
Game worn signed jersey from Worcester Sharks alternate captain John McCarthy. Leads Worcester with 26 points in 35 games (10-16-26). Has played in 41 games with the San Jose Sharks over the last two seasons (2-2-4). Native of Andover, MA and former captain of the BU National Championship team in 2009. Added an assist in the 15-40 connection game vs. the Bruins.
#17 Tommy Wingels
Game issued signed jersey from Worcester Sharks forward Tommy Wingels. AHL player of the week ending Dec 18. Leads Worcester with 13 goals in 29 games. Currently on recall with the San Jose Sharks. Former captain of Miami Ohio University and drafted by San Jose in the 6th round in 2008 (177th overall). Worcester Sharks rookie of the year in 2010-11.
#18 Mike Connolly
Game worn signed jersey from Worcester Sharks rookie forward Mike Connolly. Scored a goal in the 15-40 connection game vs. the Bruins. Won the national championship with the University Minnesota-Duluth in 2011, scoring 28 goals for the Bull Dogs. Has 20 points (7-13-20) in 23 games with Worcester this season.
#21 Benn Ferriero
Game issued signed jersey from Worcester Sharks forward Benn Ferriero. Currently on recall with the San Jose Sharks. Won the National Championship with BC in 2008. Had 20 points (9-11-20) in 20 games with Worcester before his most recent NHL recall.
#22 Andrew Desjardins
Game issued jersey for former Worcester Sharks center Andrew Desjardins. Currently playing with the San Jose Sharks. All-Time Worcester Sharks leader in plus minus with a +47. Original member of the Worcester Sharks Crazed Rats Line. Worcester Sharks MVP in 2010-11.
#27 Justin Braun
Game issued signed jersey from Worcester Sharks defenseman Justin Braun. Currently on recall with the San Jose Sharks. A product of UMass-Amherst. Represented Worcester at the 2011 AHL All-Star Classic. Drafted by San Jose in the 7th round in 2007 (201st overall).
#35 Harri Sateri
Game used signed jersey and stick (two separate auctions) from Worcester Sharks rookie goaltender Harri Sateri. Native of Toijala, Finland, Sateri was drafted by the San Jose Sharks in the 4th round in 2008 (106th overall). Spent the last three seasons in Tappara in the Finnish League. Has eight wins with Worcester this season.
All jerseys will include a certificate of authenticity.
MISSION of the 15-40 Connection;
Cancer takes the lives of more 15 to 40-year-olds than any other disease. The mission of the 15-40 Connection is to create awareness that improvements in teen and young adult cancer survival rates have remained near 0% since 1975 and to promote health awareness, self-advocacy, and action to provide this age group with the life-saving advantage of early detection.
For more information, please visit www.15-40.org.
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2012
- Admirals Fall to Wolves, Drop Third Straight - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Win Fifth Straight with 2-1 Victory Over Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros Hold off Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Fall Flat in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Smith, IceHogs Knock off Barons in OT - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Drop Overtime Decision to Marlies, 2-1 - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Unlucky on Friday the 13th - Manchester Monarchs
- 13 Is Lucky Number for Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Aeros hold on for a 2-1 win - Houston Aeros
- Stars' Surge Too Much for Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Cruise Past Whale - Norfolk Admirals
- Sateri Does the Monster Mash on Friday the 13th with 1-0 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals win over Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Edge Bulldogs 5-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Sharks - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Aquire Ondrej Roman from Dallas in Exchange for Angelo - San Antonio Rampage
- Streaking Stars Stay Hot, Beat Griffins 6-4 in a Wild One - Texas Stars
- Crunch Roll to a 5-2 Win in Binghamton - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Shoot Past Monarchs 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dallas Trades Ondrej Roman for Angelo Esposito - Texas Stars
- Great Skate Winterfest Returns January 21-22 with Snowboarding "Rail Jam" and Dog Sled Rides - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Maintain Pricing on Season Ticket Packages for Third Consecutive Year - Binghamton Senators
- Outdoor Classic Fan Shuttles Launched - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale's Game Saturday to be Aired on Beethoven - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit the 15-40 Connection - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Texas at Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Blackhawks Assign Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Landry to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Give Blood; Watch Hockey - Peoria Rivermen
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Webster Bank Arena Hero Honored - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Button Assigned to Reading - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Announce Time Warner Cable Buy One Get One Games - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Reassign Max Gratchev to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Game Day, January 13: Aeros at Peoria - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Ride Seven-Game Point Streak into Tonight's Tussle with Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Losing Streak Continues with 4-0 Loss in Peoria - Lake Erie Monsters
- Rivermen End First Half with Bishop's Sixth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.