Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at TrentonDecember 31, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Elmira Jackals
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Sun National Bank Center
RADIO: 99.5 WOKN/102.5 (Corning)/98.3 WVIN (Bath)
Complete Game Notes
IN JUST A FEW HOURS...
The Elmira Jackals look for their second four-win week of 2011-2012 when they meet the Trenton Titans for the first time since Dec. 4 at 5:00 p.m. at the Sun National Bank Center in the final game of 2011. The Jackals overcame a two-goal deficit in the third period on Friday night at First Arena, storming back to defeat the Wheeling Nailers, 3-2. Elmira earned its fifth-straight win in the process and the club now has victories in 12 of its last 14 games. Trenton held off the Reading Royals on Friday night with a 4-3 victory at the Sovereign Center.
CONFERENCE SUPREMACY ON THE LINE
With a win today, Elmira would take over the top spot in the Eastern Conference from the Gwinnett Gladiators. The Jackals, who enter today's contest with the best winning percentage in the conference and third best in the league of .633, trail the Gladiators by one point for first place. Elmira has a four-point advantage over Wheeling for the Atlantic Division's top position.
The Jackals play their final game of the month today with a chance to earn their 11th win of December, taking a 10-2-0-0 mark into today's contest. Elmira went 4-0-0-0 on home ice in December. In 2010-2011, the Jackals were 3-6-1-0 in the third calendar month of the regular season.
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2011
- The Express Fall 3-2 to Greenville in Overtime on New Year's Eve - Chicago Express
- Las Vegas Spoils New Year's Party in Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Finish Calendar Year 2011 with Win in Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Cap 2011 with 5-2 Win Over Idaho - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bakersfield Uses 3rd Period to Beat Exhausted Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Road Warriors Ring In New Year In Dramatic Fashion - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nailers' Penalty Kill Completes Perfect Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Bakersfield rings in the New Year with a 4-1 win in Utah - Bakersfield Condors
- K-Wings Dominate Walleye 7-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Fall to Everblades to Wrap up 2011 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Shootout-Savvy Jackals Take Over First Place in Conference - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Game Preview: Reading Vs. Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Goalie Bryan Hince Signed by Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Transactions - December 31 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Greenville Tonight - Chicago Express
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - December 31, 2011 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Trade Maiani to Chicago for Johnson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Express Acquire Anthony Maiani from South Carolina - Chicago Express
- McCollum to Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - December 31 - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: First Robotics Night Presented by Google Tonight Vs. Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- 6,096 turn out for Dallas Braden appearance, Thunder snap regulation losing skid - Stockton Thunder
- Aces, Courchaine Ground Eagles 4-0 - Alaska Aces
- Reign Triumph Over Thunder in Shootout, 4-3 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.