Revs Notch One More Victory In Final Postseason TuneupSeptember 18, 2011 - Atlantic League (AtL) York Revolution
One night after tying a club record with 16 strikeouts in a game, Revs pitchers combined to strike out 15 Blue Crabs in another dominant effort.
Gonzalez (2-1) allowed just three hits in seven shutout innings while striking out 10 batters. He tied a Revs season-high by retiring 13 consecutive batters at one point. He also had a stretch where he struck out seven of eight batters from the second through the fourth inning.
Reliever Sean Stidfole struck out all three batters in a perfect eighth, and Matt DeSalvo returned from the disabled list to earn his first save in the ninth, allowing just a two-out RBI single by pinch-hitter Casey Benjamin.
The Revs plated a first inning run on an RBI fielder's choice by Jose Herrera, and added another one in the fifth on a two-out RBI infield single by Chris Walker with James Shanks outracing third baseman Travis Garcia's toss to home plate.
Notes: Revs pitchers struck out 31 Blue Crabs in 19 innings over the final two games of the series, and 42 batters in 28 innings over the course of the three-game series. Prior to the game, Walker was named the Revs' 2011 Community Outreach Player of the Year, while first baseman Chris Nowak and right-handed pitcher Corey Thurman were named team co-Player of the Year. The Revs finish 22-11 in one-run games.
Atlantic League Stories from September 18, 2011
- Revs Notch One More Victory In Final Postseason Tuneup - York Revolution
- Patriots Season Ends in Shutout Loss - Somerset Patriots
- Loree Voted MVP by Fans - Long Island Ducks
- Riversharks Finish Strong, Win Season Finale - Camden Riversharks
- Barnstormers Close Season On Seguignol Single - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Ducks Win Second Half Title - Long Island Ducks
- K'd to Death - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.