Rampage Sign Justin Vaive to AHL ContractAugust 24, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
Vaive, 22, joins the Rampage from Miami University (CCHA) where he spent the past four seasons playing in 160 games for the RedHawks, totaling 23 goals and 23 assists.
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Vaive tallied eight goals and nine assists in 39 games with the U.S. National Under-18 Team over the course of two seasons (2005-07). He helped Team USA garner a second-place finish at the 2006 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge in Regina, Saskatchewan, recording three goals and four assists in seven games. Vaive also tallied one assist for the U.S. National Under-18 Team at the 2006 Under-18 Four Nations Tournament in Sweden and chipped in one assist to help Team USA finish first at the 2007 Under-18 Five Nations Tournament in the Czech Republic.
Vaive, a native of Buffalo, NY, is son of former National Hockey League (NHL) player Rick Vaive who played in 876 NHL games with Toronto, Vancouver, Chicago and Buffalo.
Season tickets for the 2011-12 Rampage 10th anniversary season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210.444.5554 or logging onto sarampage.com.
American Hockey League Stories from August 24, 2011
- P-Bruins Add to Alumni Game Roster, Announce Schedule Change - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Announce 2011-12 Promotional Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- IceHogs Individual Game Tickets Go on Sale September 8 - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Sign Justin Vaive to AHL Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Name Joe Guilmet Head Equipment Manager - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Announce Training Camp Details, Schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Conclude Preseason in Hershey October 3 - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.