Crawdads Crush Power, 11-5July 12, 2011 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Hickory Crawdads
The Crawdads (52-35, 12-7) got the offense going right away, plating five runs in the top of the first inning against RHP Trent Stevenson (L, 0-3). SS Jurickson Profar led off with a solo home run, before LF Teodoro Martinez drove a double to left-center. DH Tomas Telis followed with a two-run shot, and the 'Dads moved in front, 3-0. Hickory kept swinging away in the first, with a one-out double by RF Josh Richmond and a walk by CF Jake Skole, putting two on. After Richmond took third on a wild pitch and Skole swiped second, 3B Christian Villanueva plated both runners with a two-run single, making it 5-0.
West Virginia (41-46, 6-13) got on the board with a tally in the bottom of the first against RHP Matt Thompson, but the Crawdads stretched the lead right back out in the top of the second. With one on and two down, Clark belted his first bomb of the game, putting Hickory in front by six runs, 7-1.
The Power refused to go away, scoring again on a wild pitch in the second, followed by a solo homer by DH Cole White in the third, cutting the 'Dads lead to 7-3. West Virginia pulled within two runs of tying it, 7-5, after a two-run bomb by LF Rogelio Noris against RHP Ben Henry (W, 3-0) in the fifth.
Hickory, though, stretched the lead back out with a four-run top of the sixth against LHP Justin Ennis. 2B Odubel Herrera led off the inning with a single and a stolen base to reach second right away. Two outs later, LF Teodoro Martinez knocked Herrera in with an RBI double, and then stole his way to third base. Telis picked up another RBI with a single to score Martinez, and then he hit the base paths with a steal of second. Clark put the finishing touches on the slugfest, crushing his second two-run long-ball of the game, putting the Crawdads in the 11-5 advantage.
LHP Jimmy Reyes dealt a scoreless sixth, LHP Yoon-Hee Nam tossed shutout seventh and eighth innings, and RHP Colby Killian closed the 11-5 win for the Crawdads with a scoreless ninth.
The Crawdads continue their road trip on Wednesday vs. the Power at 7:05 p.m. Catch all of the action live on The Big Dawg 92.1FM and Hickorycrawdads.com, and tune in 15 minutes early for Crawdads Countdown.
The Crawdads will return home on Wed., July 20 to kick off a seven-game homestand with Redneck Night against the Greensboro Grasshoppers. First Pitch is at 7 p.m., gates open at 6 p.m.
It will also be Guaranteed WINsday, with all fans in attendance receiving a FREE ticket to a future game this season if the 'Dads don't win. Also, July 20 will be another Conrad's Self-Esteem Wednesday. Say the words "Conrad's Self-Esteem" at the Ticket Office and get a Half Off Ticket to the game, with $2 going to Catawba Valley Behavioral Healthcare. Also, Wednesday is Unemployment Night - show your NCESC-issued debit card or online statement for four free tickets to the game.
Individual tickets, corporate partnerships, group outings and ticket plans for the 2011 season are available right now at the Crawdads Front Office or by calling (828) 322-3000. You can even purchase and print your tickets from the comfort of your home on Hickorycrawdads.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 12, 2011
- Crawdads Crush Power, 11-5 - Hickory Crawdads
- Power Drops One to Hickory - West Virginia Power
- Late Rally Leads to Fifth Straight GreenJackets Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- BlueClaws Hold on for 8-7 Win Tuesday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Drive Outslugged by BlueClaws in 8-7 Loss - Greenville Drive
- Intimidators Ride 8-Run Inning Past Rome - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Shorebirds Escape with 4-3 Win Over Asheville - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Galloway Grand as Grasshoppers Top RiverDogs, 9-3 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Gnats and Legends Postponed Tuesday - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Legends Game Postponed; Doubleheader Wednesday - Lexington Legends
- Shorebirds Transactions - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Sand Gnats Roster Update: 7/12/11 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- WV Power Roster Update - West Virginia Power
- Miss Babe Ruth Statue Vandalized, Stolen - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- BlueClaws to Host September 18th Yard Sale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Game Time Changed on July 18th - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.