Dragons MVPs to Celebrate at Fifth Third Field on SaturdayJune 2, 2011 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
The Dragons MVP program provides students, who are recognized by their teachers, with a unique opportunity to attend this special event where they will have a chance to meet the 2011 Dayton Dragons and enjoy a day of fun activities at Fifth Third Field. Among the activities scheduled are inflatable games, carnival games, mascots, complimentary ballpark snacks, a free team poster, "baseball skills" stations with the Dragons players, and an autograph session.
FACTS ABOUT THE MVP PROGRAM
This is the sixth season for the Dragons MVP program. More than 850 classrooms and 26,000 students participated during the 2011 season.
Each teacher selected five Dragons MVPs for their classroom, resulting in more than 4,000 students being recognized for their achievements in and out of the classroom.
Those children selected as Dragons MVPs received a customized certificate and complimentary tickets to enjoy a Dragons game at Fifth Third Field with their families. At the game, they received a specially designed Dragons MVP ball cap. MVPs also received tickets to the "MVP Field Day" to be held at the stadium on June 4.
The Dragons MVP program is made possible courtesy of PACE (Parents Advancing Choice in Education), Sinclair Community College, WDTN-TV and Dayton's CW Television.
Individuals and groups seeking information about Dayton Dragons lawn tickets, the season ticket wait list, sponsorship opportunities or booking a Dragons speaker are encouraged to contact the Dragons by calling at (937) 228-2287, or find the Dragons on the Web at daytondragons.com.
Midwest League Stories from June 2, 2011
- LumberKings Hold off Fort Wayne 9-8 - Clinton LumberKings
- Well Dunn: Rattlers Beat Hot Rods 6-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Walk off with the Series Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Clinton Outlasts TinCaps, 9-8 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fitzgerald Error Lifts Lugs In 9th, 4-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Swept By River Bandits - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Double Up Beloit 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Win 4-3 in Ninth Inning Thriller - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Pound Out 20 Hits in 11-5 Win Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- River Bandits Ripple Whitecaps - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Jones Blasts Cougars Past Captains - Kane County Cougars
- Cougars Avoid Sweep, Beat Captains 4-2 - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Unveil All-Star Week Events - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Barnhart, Hayes Selected as Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Former LumberKing Maikel Cleto Called up to St. Louis - Clinton LumberKings
- Braun Returns to Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Big innings let Silver Hawks sink Kernels, 8-3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Wins on School Day at the Cove - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons MVPs to Celebrate at Fifth Third Field on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for Thursday, June 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Announced for Donald Driver Softball Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Fight Back Against Cancer - Burlington Bees
- Kernels Come From Behind To Edge South Bend, 8-7 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.