Storm Chasers Ready to Entertain at Werner Park OpenerApril 14, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
"Friday is the culmination of more than two years of hard work and commitment to this project, and we couldn't be more excited to officially open up Werner Park," said Storm Chasers Vice President and General Manager Martie Cordaro. "This ballpark was built for the fans and for the fan experience. We plan on giving them decades of thrills and it all begins Friday night."
The experience begins the moment fans start to arrive on the grounds of Werner Park at 4 p.m. Live music, food and drinks under a party tent will be a welcome sight for fans arriving early to lot F4, the free parking lot at the northwest corner of Werner Park just off 126th street. Gates will open at 5:30 p.m., giving everyone ample time to walk the 360-degree concourse and enjoy the various concessions stands and the Storm Front gift shop. A barbershop quartet will sing. Beverages will flow at the Quality Brands Downdraught Bar and the Jim Beam Club.
For the first 2,500 fans through the gates, Immanuel Communities will provide Werner Park Welcome Mats, a highly-collectable item signifying the opening of the brand-new ballpark. In addition, the first 5,000 fans will receive a collectable Werner Park lapel button, courtesy of American Family Insurance. Following the game, American Family Insurance will also present the first Friday Fireworks of the 2011 season.
The half-hour in-park pregame celebration, which begins at 6:30 p.m., will feature luminaries such as Storm Chasers owners Bill Shea, Warren Buffett and Walter Scott, Team President Alan Stein, MLB Hall of Famer George Brett, Minor League Baseball President Pat O'Conner, Pacific Coast League President Branch B. Rickey, local elected officials and many more. The pregame show will conclude with the colors being presented by Offutt Air Force Base and a National Anthem performance by Omaha native and recent American Idol contestant Tim Halperin.
For tickets for Opening Weekend and the entire 2011 season, call (402) 738-5100, visit the Werner Park ticket office from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday or go online at www.omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 14, 2011
- Tucson Padres Come Back To Beat The Salt Lake Bees - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Fall to Fresno in Extra Innings - Tacoma Rainiers
- Clemens Paces RedHawks For Thursday Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sounds Split Series With RedHawks With 6-5 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Express Cash In For Sweep Of Omaha - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Sweeps Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Albuquerque Clipped by Cubs 10-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Sweep Redbirds in Series - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Top 'Topes, 10-6 - Iowa Cubs
- Colorado Springs Sky Sox Defeat Reno Aces in 18-13 Slugfest - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Gotay HR Gives Z's 5th Consecutive Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Aces Drop Series Finale, 18-13, to Sky Sox - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Game Notes Vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Storm Chasers Ready to Entertain at Werner Park Opener - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tucson Padres Unveil Opening Night Plans - Tucson Padres
- Adopt a Dog and Fetch a Redbirds Ticket - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Topes Endure Injuries, Cubs in 10-7 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.